x

Auto-Save Ticket Entries

Auto-saving ticket entries every time an item is added to a ticket would be so helpful. We lost an entire days entries at an event because the ticket was not saved and the app was accidentally closed. Sure would have been nice to go back to the ticket and all the items entered were there. Manually saving tickets seems so old-fashioned. Is this feature in the works? Just seems like in 2022 something like this should never happen. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @beansie! If you are using Square Restaurant there is not an option to automatically save your ticket/tab.

Also, you tickets should not be deleting in any shape way or form even if you leave the app. Make sure you are pressing save ticket and you have it enabled in your settings.

-Kevin | NP Managment

Follow us on IG

😀

Message 2 of 7

Thanks. The items were deleted not the ticket. As I said they the ticket was not saved so the entered items disappeared when the spp was accidentally “killed”. Which is why it would be nice to have the tickets autosave when items are entered. 

Message 3 of 7

I understand @beansie! Whatever type of device you are using try deleting the cache and closing all unused apps as that can make apps act slow or crash.

-Kevin | NP Managment

Follow us on IG

😀

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@beansie I would assume you have open tickets enabled.  With this you can add items, save the ticket, reopen the ticket and add more items.  But you definitely have to save the ticket by hitting save ticket to ensure the items are saved.

The opposite problem of the implementation you are suggesting is if every item was saved, how do you correct an entry error?  This would create havoc of having to go back to the kitchen every time for a restaurant to correct the modifiers on an item.  It is pretty industry standard to require an affirmative input that the order is complete or entry is complete like hitting submit on this forum post.

You can save multiple tickets and then merge or split them in the point of sale app also.  So if you are taking a bunch of orders for one person to pay at the end, that wouldn't be a problem.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the feedback. So, I am a food truck. We use tickets as “tabs” essentially. We don’t use square for restaurants. So if i have a 3 hour event where “the boss” is buying his employees drinks. We put all the drinks in a ticket and invoice them in the end. We use tickets incase e we get any outside customers not a part of their event of that makes sense. So, for us, auto-save would be really nice. 

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@beansie I do this for some government contracts, and when we have one person paying in the line.  What I do is just ring in the item, hit save and put the name even if it is adam-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....or you can do auto assign numbers instead of names in the printer settings.  Then at the end of the 3 hour event, just merge the tickets and that would take maybe 1-2 minutes.  You can even use the open tickets as the start screen and when you save the ticket it pops you right back to reopen the ticket and be ready for the next order.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 7 of 7