x

Automatic gratuity on employee report in Square Payroll?

How do I see the automatic gratuity on the employee sales report at the end of the day?

it doesn’t show it as tips and you can’t see it on items sold.

Need to know how much to pay the employee based on gratuity they received and the current report doesn’t show it.

Message 1 of 8
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Automatic gratuity on employee report in Square Payroll?

At this time, Square Payroll does not currently support the following tip importing features or methods:

• By shift
  • Deducting credit card processing fee from tips
  • Auto-gratuity with Restaurants point of sale
  • Contractor tip splitting
  • Importing tips for salaried team members

Our Payroll team can help point you in the right direction here if you get in touch by phone or email, @MLSF.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Aliceinthevilla,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

In order to do what you're describing, you would need Team Plus to keep track of tips/sales by employee. Learn more here: Advanced Tools with Team Plus.

For a complete view on how this all comes together, have a look here: Square Payroll Tip Importing.

Hope that helps clarify, but please don't hesitate to let me know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Aliceinthevilla,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

In order to do what you're describing, you would need Team Plus to keep track of tips/sales by employee. Learn more here: Advanced Tools with Team Plus.

For a complete view on how this all comes together, have a look here: Square Payroll Tip Importing.

Hope that helps clarify, but please don't hesitate to let me know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

Is there a way to run a gratuity report on each employee?

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hiya @SheilaBowen and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question about employee gratuity reports.

As @Tom mentioned above- you'll need the Team Plus subscription with Team Management to see these.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Where can I get a step by step on how to pay out automatic gratuity during payroll? My employees are paid credit card tips on there paychecks weekly. What happens when a bill with automatic gratuity on it is paid in cash? Do I payout the cash auto gratuity or is that in the lump sum for the employee on the service charges report? In need a physical sheet that breaks this down please 

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

At this time, Square Payroll does not currently support the following tip importing features or methods:

• By shift
  • Deducting credit card processing fee from tips
  • Auto-gratuity with Restaurants point of sale
  • Contractor tip splitting
  • Importing tips for salaried team members

Our Payroll team can help point you in the right direction here if you get in touch by phone or email, @MLSF.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

We are having big issues with the REPORT. After we close the day, we go to Report to look at total sales etc. and  TIPS .. but the amount included in tip doesn't include the "auto gratuity", so we have been doing the tip count manually.   

Am i missing something or Square does not make it easy for us to see all TIPS for the day ( auto gratuity + credit card manual tips) 

Someone please advise

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @eatMoroccan3119,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the trouble! Are you using Square for Restaurants? If yes, you might find this guide useful for your end-of-shift reporting. I'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Message 8 of 8