x

Automatically generating gift codes

Hi all,

We're a micro pub that will be opening soon and I'm trying to figure out how (if possible) we can sell tables for opening night and provide customers with a gift code equal to the deposit paid in securing the table.

Failing that, is there a way of generating multiple gift codes to then send out to buyers?

Apologies if this isn't very clear, I tried!

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can't batch create codes unfortunately. 

When I had to create the same (multiple gift vouchers) I did it as a sale in the POS app, adding each voucher one at a time & just pasting in my own email address. Then I went though all the emails & copied the codes from there. In the POS I then applied a 100% discount so I didn't have to pay myself for the vouchers. 

It's not as fast as being able to batch create, but it does work & is quite a simple process. Especially if all the vouchers you need to create are the same value. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can't batch create codes unfortunately. 

When I had to create the same (multiple gift vouchers) I did it as a sale in the POS app, adding each voucher one at a time & just pasting in my own email address. Then I went though all the emails & copied the codes from there. In the POS I then applied a 100% discount so I didn't have to pay myself for the vouchers. 

It's not as fast as being able to batch create, but it does work & is quite a simple process. Especially if all the vouchers you need to create are the same value. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think it would be straightforward!

Message 3 of 3