x

Bank Account & Debit Card

How do deposits work if my debit card is linked to a different checking account, but checking account that's linked to Square is also different? Will it not work? Because the debit card that links to the same checking account was not being accepted so I had to use a different debit card.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @bsc1, your debit card for Instant Deposit does not have to be the connected to the same account for standard deposits. 

So if you decide not to use Instant Deposit, your funds will be routed to your linked bank account. If you initiate an Instant deposit the funds will be sent to the checking account associated with the linked debit card. 

I hope this clears things up! If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 2 of 4

Hi quick question, If I am registered to square and signed into my account but I wanted to use my girlfriend's credit card to deposit money into her bank account would it still work that way?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @Subykid!

You can use any supported debit card to receive qualifying Instant Deposits and you should be okay to use one that is associated with another account separate from the linked bank account. However, please note that credit cards are not supported at this time.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 4