x

Bar Code Labels: Where do you get your bar codes from and how do you integrate them to Square POS?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Bar code labels

For those of you using Square POS (not Square for Retail) do you use bar codes for your merchandise?  If so, where do you get your bar codes from and how do you integrate it into your Square POS?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

is anyone out there using Dynamo 450 to print drink labels for coffee orders from Square register?

Message 22 of 28
Admin

Hey @NightingaleC! I moved your question over to this thread. @RHatch walks through the steps on how to set up our barcode labels with the DYMO Labelwriter.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you might have!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 23 of 28

Without using square for retail, how can we create barcodes for our price tags? What scanner works the best? We have a basic iPad and I use my laptop when working on things too. Thank you.

Message 24 of 28
Alumni

Hi there @1103 - I've moved your post over to this thread where @RHatch walked @loveoflavender through the steps they had taken to create barcodes without using Square for Retail. Please note that if you need to be able to print many labels, you'll want to consider looking at Square for Retail, as this workaround may not work for a business with a need for many different barcodes.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 28

how do i get started with Bar codes or QR codes on my products , Labels etfc.

Message 26 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BFS and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that goes over barcode creation.

QR codes are different and you can read about all of these different options here from the Support Center.

In the future don't hesitate to search your questions first to find your quickest answer! Our Support Center has guides for all this and there's existing threads within the Community for general questions as well.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 28

With Square for Retail Plus, you can create and print barcode labels using the following label dimensions, their respective printing templates, and supported printers noted by the label manufacturer. 

Message 28 of 28