x

Bar Code Scanner Recommendations

We seem to have purchased a bar code scanner that is not compatable with the Square. We are a retail store in a museum and want to be able to use it for better efficiency--inventory control. Thank you for any advice you can provide!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

We use the Socket Mobile 7ci, which is compatible with Square and Apple devices. We have had no issues.

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Right on, @brju2013!

@CCSPA, if you're using an iOS device, visit this section of our Support Center for more information on supported hardware: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5084

Step-by-steps on inventory management and scanner setup can be found here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5075

Hope this helps get you in the right direction! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 9

Does the bar code scanner work for check out (e.g., scanning the bar code and square marries it with the bar code stored for the product / price)?

Message 4 of 9

Will the Socket Mobile 7ci bar code scanner work with Square Stand?

Message 5 of 9
Square

@GoodGrapes - Apologies for the delay. You can definitely use a barcode scanner the way you described. 

@Remingtonwine - As for your question, sure! It pairs directly with your iPad using bluetooth. The Square Stand won't change the equation at all. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I'm using the socket 7c scanner on iPad stand.

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

I think I read the socket 7 is the only Bluetooth scanner that is compatible with square

Message 8 of 9
Admin

You got it, @Bigbothways. 🎯

Find more details in this list of compatible hardware, and you can place an order for the Socket Mobile 7CI Barcode Scanner directly in POS Portal. 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 9