x
Beta Member

Barcode generator format

I've generated barcodes through Square but can't find how to change the formatting. I am trying to:

1. Increase the size of the printed barcode which is currently tiny on the label

2. Add the company name 

Does anyone know if this is possible or how to please?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Anji29, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Are you currently generating a barcode label with the Square for Retail app? If so, at the moment, you can only create and print labels for the following sizes:

Dymo Barcode Printers: LabelWriter 450, LabelWriter 450 Turbo, LabelWriter 4XL

• Dymo Label: 19 mm x 64 mm

Zebra Barcode Printer: ZD410

• Zebra Label: 38mm x 25mm

Avery Labels for Standard Printers

• Avery Label: 17mm x 44mm

Our team are working to support more label sizes in the UK and we're collecting feedback on this. While I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

With the barcode labels, it isn't possible to add the company name to the label. When you create a label, depending on the sizes you've chosen, you can only include the following information:

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.20.50.png

I hope this will help but let me know if you have any other question!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi I am struggling to find the Avery labels in the UK in the size specified in the drop down on the barcode page. I did purchase the dymo printer but the labels are too big for my products.

We open on Sunday and I am desperate to find a solution if you can please help. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Really sorry about this @Anji29! Unfortunately at the moment, we only support the three label sizes above and there's currently no workaround for this that we have. 

Apology for all the inconvenience caused by this. As mentioned, our team are working to support more label sizes in the UK and we're collecting feedback on this. While I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4