x

BigCommerce: Questions about Inventory Management

If I am using BigCommerce for my ecommerce site, will square inventory management adjust every time that I sell something? Is there a way so it does this automatically? Also will the barcode scanner for square work with my existing price tags? Where do I enter in UPC's? Lastly, can I track cost with square inventory management?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

While you're able to import your Square items into your Big Commerce account and import items from Big Commerce into Square, item tracking is currently not supported. 

Item sold through Big Commerce using Square online payments are not inventory tracked because they are sold as "Custom Amounts", not the actual item.

In regards to barcode scanners and UPC's, our listed compatible barcode scanners are meant to be used with existing barcodes, so you should be good to go. 

You can enter the SKU or UPC in the Item Library when you create an item. You can read more on this in our Support Center article: Create and Manage Items Online

Cost of Goods is not available with the basic Square Point of Sale feature set, but you can upgrade your account to Square Retail Point of Sale to enable Inventory Plus. 

Check out the following articles for more details: 

Getting Started with the Square for Retail

Inventory Plus

Message 2 of 2