x
Beta Member

Bulk Inventory Transfers From One Location To Another BY Category

I understand how to TRANSFER Items from one location to another. I also understand how to manually add multiple items to the transfer queue and then "Bulk" transfer. What I need to know is if there's a way of selecting ALL ITEMS in a certain category without having to manually add each item individually each time I want to reconcile my master inventory.

Right now, I have one MASTER INVENTORY that is used by my Brick & Mortar Location and my Mobile Location. When I sell an item through my mobile "location", Square subtracts that item from the MOBILE LOCATION'S inventory, creating a -1 unit. Then I transfer the Mobile Inventory to the Master Inventory, that action should add the -1 and reduce the Master Inventory count by 1. I have over 100 items that this has to be done with on a daily basis, so manual listing of items isn't going to be effective in the long term.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @ReverendMike! There is not a way to select all items in a category for an inventory transfer. Adding items individually is the only way to do a transfer. I know Square has made some improvements to their inventory system recently, and I'm hoping that they'll add more robust options for transfers soon. 

We used to have a similar setup to you, with two locations (one brick & mortar, the other e-commerce) that pulled from the same inventory. What I ended up doing was designating some shelving units in our basement for my e-commerce location. I restocked those shelves once a week, that way I only needed to do one inventory transfer per week. It wasn't ideal, but it was much better than doing a transfer every day. I'm not sure if that would work for your type of business, and maybe some other folks have their own workarounds that could work for you. 

Message 2 of 2