x
Highlighted
Blackmajik

Bulk Inventory Update - STOCK RECEIVED

Hello!

I'm looking for a way to add inventory to my stock in bulk.

I don't want to use the "Import --> Modify" option, because that only has a column for previous inventory (what I had when I downloaded the spreadsheet) and current inventory (which overwrites the quantity). Instead, I'm looking for a method to add large quantities of items to inventory from new stock received, like I could on the individual items.

For example,

Previous Stock:

Item A: 1
Item B: 6

Item C: 9

I receive the following new inventory and enter it LIKE THIS:

Item A: 4

Item B: 5

Item C: 6

Then it adds them (as it does for the individual items under "Stock Received" option), resulting in:

Item A: 5

Item B: 11

Item C: 15

I have large quantities of items to do this with, so I really don't want to have to do the addition manually. Also, I'm capable of writing a script to do this. However, I believe it should be a built-in function, and am hoping that I'm just unable to find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

--Mike Majik, Blackmajik Scents

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Bulk Inventory Update - STOCK RECEIVED

Best Answer

Hi @Blackmajik

Unfortunately the Import/Export tool is the only way to edit inventory in bulk within the basic inventory management features of Point of Sale. 

There's a chance that Square for Retail might be a fit for you, as there is a Purchase Order feature that automatically adds to your stock when you receive them. 

Check out these articles to see if it's a good fit for your business:

Get Started With Square for Retail

Purchase Order Management

Message 2 of 6
5 Replies
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Blackmajik

Unfortunately the Import/Export tool is the only way to edit inventory in bulk within the basic inventory management features of Point of Sale. 

There's a chance that Square for Retail might be a fit for you, as there is a Purchase Order feature that automatically adds to your stock when you receive them. 

Check out these articles to see if it's a good fit for your business:

Get Started With Square for Retail

Purchase Order Management

Message 2 of 6
Blackmajik

Thanks for the response! The expense of the Retail version isn't worthwhile for the small side business I'm using this for, so I'll be passing on that idea. But yes, the purchase order does appear to have that functionality. Guess I'll be scripting it up. :)

Thanks for the response!

--Mike

Message 3 of 6
paulvonfange

Looking at the purchase order management in Square for Retail, it looks like (from what the instructions say) that receiving a purchase order simply serves to close out the PO and does nothing to update inventory. Am I understand that correctly?

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hi @paulvonfange — so sorry for this late reply. When you receive a Purchase Order your inventory counts are updated. This shows up in Inventory History on Dashboard as Stock Received. There's more receiving purchases orders and viewing stock adjustment history in the Support Center. If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 5 of 6
np39194

Is it possible to mass update inventory when receiving stock?

Thanks 

Message 6 of 6