x

Bulk load 1500 gift cards

Hello all,

1st time on here, we need to load up 1500 gift cards with $10. One of our locations is inside a company lobby providing full on coffee house service. They want to reward all the returning employees with a gift card.

I have checked and checked and do not see a way to do this besides swipping every gift card and loading a value. We purchased the cards in bulk, so the serial numbers are in sequence, is there a way to upload a range (starting card num,ber, ending card number, and Value) into the system?

Thanks

Ron

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I do believe it is possible as I believe I have seen of ways before to import your current Gift card balances over to Square.  It's not something you can do but Square can do on the backend I believe.

check out this post.  https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-to-migrate-gift-cards-from-another-merchant-...

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

I do believe it is possible as I believe I have seen of ways before to import your current Gift card balances over to Square.  It's not something you can do but Square can do on the backend I believe.

check out this post.  https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-to-migrate-gift-cards-from-another-merchant-...

Message 2 of 6

Cool

That should work, looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks a bunch

Ron

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@VanKalkerFarms's advice is spot on @RoasterRon! Please reach out to support, and our CS team would be happy to help you out 🙂

Message 4 of 6

@VanKalkerFarms I have the same question, but the "best answer" provided is not relevant to @RoasterRon 's question. 

We are both asking how to avoid manually loading hundreds/thousands of gift cards by swiping each card and adding the value. This could take many hours and is subject to error (I've experienced this before).

Please let me know if I misunderstood.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

I was saying since they can transfer balances that maybe they can load them also. so I wasn't clear but I would say the best way would be to reach out to support as this is not something you can do on your end, but that they may be able to add for you.

Message 6 of 6