x

Business name on credit card transactions

I am very new to Square. The swipes on square, when viewed on credit card accounts, are shown as "Service Transactions" (in Amex under Doing Business As).

How do we change this? Appreciate if someone explains in detail.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

So sorry for the delay! The information reported on your customers' receipts and credit card statements should reflect what is listed as your "Business Name."  

To double check this, you can sign in to the "Account & Settings tab" of your online Square Dashboard here:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/profile

For more detailed questions about how charges are reported by specific card companies, you may need to reach out to them directly. We don't have a lot of control over how individual bank report things on their statements. 

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Best Answer

So sorry for the delay! The information reported on your customers' receipts and credit card statements should reflect what is listed as your "Business Name."  

To double check this, you can sign in to the "Account & Settings tab" of your online Square Dashboard here:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/profile

For more detailed questions about how charges are reported by specific card companies, you may need to reach out to them directly. We don't have a lot of control over how individual bank report things on their statements. 

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8

Does the business name I select need to match the checking account name.  Can I use a business name and have thee funds placed in an account with my name or do they need to be the same. ie personal bank account and cool business name?

Message 3 of 8
Square

Nope, it doesn't need to match, @jrh127. You can have a personal account linked under your name, as opposed to a business account, for example. Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 8

The name on our account is not showing on customer credit card statement.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @justtouch,

Thanks for reaching out to The Seller Community. I am happy to help. 

If you have edited your business name through Square and it is still not showing on the customer end unfortunately there is nothing further we can do. It is up to the card issuer to determine the appearance.  

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 6 of 8

Yeah and Amex, no matter what you change in your account wont change on the customers side! they still see the original name that was there previously! Couldn't figure out till i charged my other card from BOA! Issue that even the call to customer services couldn't fix! 

Message 7 of 8

I'm having this issue right now! Old biz name was ABC, new biz name XYZ. On AmEx statement, my customer is seeing ABC. I made a test purchase and used my Bank of America card and it shows XYZ on bank statement.

Message 8 of 8