x
Admin

Re: CBD Update?

Hi @jfarm

Thanks for posting!

All items that fall under that category are prohibited in our Terms of Service as mentioned in the Best Answer of this thread. 

If this changes, we'll definitely announce it, so keep an eye out for any news in the future. 

Message 21 of 88
Chemdawgs

That doesn’t answer why you guys are allowing some and not others?  

So again, Why are you allowing some and not others? 

Message 22 of 88
Admin

@Chemdawgs 

No business is permitted to sell CBD products using Square Point of Sale. There are no exceptions to the rule, if we find out a business is selling CBD products their account will be deactivated.

If you know a business that sells CBD products, that just means our Compliance Team hasn't deactivated their account yet. 

Message 23 of 88
vistasign

CBD now legal new law past today

Message 24 of 88
Admin

Re: CBD now legal new law past today

Thanks for checking in @vistasign and @barkshopbakery! Square is still currently unable to support the sale of these products. If this changes in future we'll let everyone here know.

Message 25 of 88
vistasign

It is officially legal all 50 states half both house and Congress set into law It's About Time Square gets on board and allows us to process and not use expensive processing you're losing out on a lot of business for no reason at all it is totally legal I sent a copy of the new law

Message 26 of 88
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

@vistasign, The Farm Bill 2019 isn't law yet, the President still has to sign the Farm Bill into Law and likely will in the coming weeks.  I'm sure Square will monitor the situation as it changes and then decide if they will change their position.  They can choose to support or ban items as they see fit, see their stand on the 2nd amendment and no gun or ammunition sales thru Square which causes quite a bit of controversy itself, but a company can make decisions it deems in its users best interest.  I would assume it will change in time as CBD is fairly accepted without controversy but you never know. it wasn't possible, and still isn't yet, to accept payments for a federally illegal item so it isn't that they are behind the times.

Message 27 of 88
vistasign

I'm still not selling my stock in square I believe in this company and I believe they'll do the right thing and sooner than later

Message 28 of 88
barkshopbakery

CBD

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: CBD

Will Square allow the sale of complying CBD products with the passing of the farm bill? 

Message 29 of 88
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: CBD

CBD is still on the items that can't be sold thru Square list.  The bill has only passed the Senate and still has to pass the House before anything can change.  It will definitely help once there is a federal law instead of random state laws approving it.

Message 30 of 88