x

What products are allowed in Square's early access CBD Program?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: CBD Oils and Balms - Ok with Square?

I'm in a professional forum where we are discussing whether our Square accounts will be terminated for retailing commercially available CBD products such as the balms from CBDclinic.co or ingestible oils such as https://realscientifichempoil.com/ . 

To my knowledge these products contain no THC which is the psychoactive compound in cannabis, and are therefore legal. Can you please advise us on the matter?

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update (10/3/19):

Good news, folks! We're launching an early access program to support the sale of some CBD products! 🎉

Generally speaking, sellers in the program can accept payments and carry items that meet the following requirements:

• Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products that have less than 0.3% THC in all states excluding Idaho and South Dakota. Payment acceptance is for the US only at this time.
  • No marijuana or marijuana derived products; products that contain more than 0.3% THC, illegal drugs and products that otherwise violate Square’s Payment Terms.
  • No hemp flower.
  • Included items cannot make health claims.

For more details on eligibility, head over to this resource in our Support Center: Accepting Payments for CBD in Square Early Access Program.

👉 To complete an application form and request an invite to join, go to to www.squareup.com/solutions/cbd, then click Get Started👈

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this endeavor! We're excited to help our sellers by offering a reliable solution for CBD sales.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 75 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

I don't mind at all...getting through this process has been so difficult I wish there were more places for us to collaborate as entrepreneurs. Everywhere I have been, the groups share fun memes but no one wants to share what's working for them in their business. There is enough business out there for all us folks! 

Annual fee of $99 + monthly fees total $50 a month with compliance fees. Per transaction, 5.5% + .30. They told me with longer transaction history the fees could be lower but I am a new business. 

As soon as square gets their stuff together, I'll probably make a switch tho. 

Message 106 of 138

It is just completely baffling to me how CBD business is being treated so differently. I understand that companies must be in compliance with the law, but I guess being an honest person, I assume too many do that aren’t. It is disheartening to see this business being treated so negatively. The fees and cost per transaction are mind blowing. Trying to keep my products affordable to my customers while paying all that is so unreal. Currently, we are cash and check only until we can get something straightened out. I know that may detour some business, but at least it can be deposited. 

Message 107 of 138

Square currently is holding over [Personal Information Redacted] of my credit card purchases due to needing info on one of my products that contains <.01% THC.  The funny thing is none of these credit card transactions were from the sell of my Hemp Seed Oil (less than .01% THC) salve.  I have provided the paperwork from supplier of the Hemp Seed Oil and still no one to talk to at Square - no help whatsoever.  They still hold my $$$.  I have now sent a letter to the CEO asking why my funds are being held when I have supplied all the paperwork necessary.  

Can someone help please.  I feel my funds are being held captive.

Thank you

Message 108 of 138

Do you still need a merchant account for CBD?

Message 109 of 138

I am set up with the CBD Square processing and want to use SQUARE UP for the online store but know its partnered with Weebly ...Are Weebly and Square Up acceptable platforms for cbd? 

Message 110 of 138
Alumni

Hey @9thWonder

Check out the link provided in @Tom's best answer up top. There's an eCommerce Solutions link on the landing page that answers your question! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 111 of 138

Is the less than 0.3% based on Delta 9 THC?

Message 112 of 138

Hello, I was wondering if there was any change to your policy around processing for hemp flower? As far as Ive seen, you are still not supporting hemp flower sales. Thanks! 

Message 113 of 138
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JBrothers,

If there was we'd be sure to update the thread!

Ashley C
Message 114 of 138

I can help with that.

Message 115 of 138

Tom,

I have been waiting 4 months to hear from the team to just get approval and have submitted all necessary documentation. I keep being told there are items in my notification in box but nothing. My business is at a standstill. Please help

Message 116 of 138

Hi there, @CliffW - I can step in for Tom here in his absence. So sorry to hear about the holdup, here. We would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly. They can take a deep dive with you and make sure this gets resolved. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 117 of 138

Hi Joe, 

I have reached out to the Support Team over and over and can not get a response from anyone.  

How can I talk to a live person from the CBD team / regional team so I can get our business account running?  This is very frustrating and holding up our business. 

thank you  

Message 118 of 138

@CliffW - have you spoke to our Support Team via phone from the link above or just reached out through email? We have a full Support Team standing by via phone to assist you with this. They can get you where you need to be. Our CBD team does not offer customer-facing support, but our regular Support Team is fully equipped to assist. 

Joe
Message 119 of 138

My account has been frozen for 4 days, not receiving deposits because I had bath oil products containing CBD. I sent the legal paperwork stating it has appropriate amounts of THC the first day. It might be worth looking into another company if you're carrying CBD to avoid these kind of issues. Especially since there isn't any client care to speak of aside from email. As a small business not getting paid for a week could be a big deal. 

Message 120 of 138

Hello I'm curious if someone can sell cannabis and hemp seeds on squareup.com?

Message 121 of 138

It's been 2 months since I've signed up. Everyone has been less than helpful ... I'm losing sales. No one can seem to give me any information. This is really hurting my small business.

Message 122 of 138

Im desperately seeking assistance with the CBD program. If you think u can help, please reply and Ill give more info

thanks

Message 123 of 138

Hi @MoonCaster 👋

if you haven't already, you can apply to the CBD programme by heading to Account & Settings > Business Information > Pricing & Subscriptions in your Square Dashboard. From here, apply for the program under the Optional Programs section. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 124 of 138

Is square currently accepting subscription products thru woocommerce?

for cbd sites - if this makes a difference 🙂

Thanks!

Pete 

Message 125 of 138

Hey @Pete65! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with an existing thread on how to apply to sell CBD with us. Check out @Tom's best answer on the first page for more details.

Also we do partner with WooCommerce! 

Ashley C
Message 126 of 138