x

Can I accept PayPal payments with Square?

Can I accept PayPal payments with Square? 

Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer
Thank you for your posts. I'd like to give an update here - Square has no plans to support payments with PayPal. 

Many of you have mentioned reasons why you want to accept PayPal - from losing out on clients who are only comfortable with PayPal, to wanting unified reports showing transactions from Square and PayPal in one place. These are totally understandable, and I can see how frustrating it is that this isn't available for you. 

If any of you have workarounds you'd like to share, please feel free to start a new thread

Thank you again for letting us know this is important to you. The addition of PayPal is not likely, but in the event something changes, we'll make sure to update this thread. All of you who have commented or subscribed to this thread will receive an email notification if we add an update. 

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Paypal payment is not still on the 2019 roadmap? Common guys, Square should know their potential earnings in each payments if they integrate PayPal.

I just don't understand the Square Team thinking process.

Message 43 of 55

It would be nice if Square could accept PayPal payments. Many individuals with PayPal Credit like to take advantage of PayPal's 6-month deferred interest payment plan.

Message 44 of 55

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Are customers given the option to pay through PayPal when we send them an invoice?

When we invoice clients, are they given the option to pay for their merchandise through PayPal?  If not, is it possible to get that added as an option?

Message 45 of 55
Alumni

Hi @valeriedwatson,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

At the moment, we do not support PayPal as a compatible payment platform that we integrate with. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 46 of 55

Can I accept PayPal payments with Square?  if not, how can we return the square?

Message 47 of 55
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DMV,

I moved your post to the existing thread around this.

We will most likely never integrate with Paypal as they are their own processor entirely and there wouldn't be a way for both companies to process payments if that makes sense. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 48 of 55

okay...thank you ashc

Message 49 of 55

I’d like to manage my sales in square.  Is there a way a customer can pay an invoice sent thru square with PayPal instead of credit card?  

my business is new and so far I’ve been invoicing on PayPal but like square for the inventory tracking 

thanks!

Message 50 of 55

We send invoices to customers regularly. Some customers do not want to pay via Square and want to use funds from their PayPal account. Is there any way for a customer to do that?

Thank you! 

Message 51 of 55

HI, a Paid Plan is required to add Paypal as a payment processor on your account.   

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7014-accept-payments

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 52 of 55

Hi, that does not help. This is an invoice manually sent via Square, not a website transaction.

Cheers, Theresa
Message 53 of 55

I need to be able to somehow send a Square invoice and allow it to be paid using their Paypal account. Not everyone has the debit card. 

Message 54 of 55

Can I now accept PayPal payments with Square? 

Message 55 of 55