x

Can I accept Square payments in WooCommerce?

Anyone done this successfully?

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@rstylist @kennethstevenso - Great news! WooCommerce is officially a partner with Square now! We just launched our integration today. 🎉

You can find more details on our Town Square blog. You can also get your account connected by visiting the Apps section of the Square Dashboard (it's listed under the eCommerce). 

You'll have to try it out and let us know what you think!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Square

Hey! While we don't currently offer support for WooCommerce sites, we have teamed up with Weebly, BigCommerce and Ecwid. 

I'll be sure to pass along your interest along to our product liaison team. Appreciate the question! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 33

Any feedback from liason team on this? Lots of interest out there for this.

Message 3 of 33
Square

@kennethstevenso - I don't have an update for you right now, but we've definitely give this feedback to our Partnerships Team. 😀

I'll definitely let everyone know if anything changes! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 33

We are having a website built. They are using Woo Commerce. Will Square integrate with this?

Message 5 of 33

Very excited to see that woocommerce has teamed up with square to offer a means of using square with an existing ecommerce/woocommerce store. 

Would love feedback on this plugin if anyone has used it yet and how is it working for you?

The link is here. It looks like it was just released.

https://woocommerce.com/products/square/?utm_source=WooThemes&utm_campaign=f2d46aca5e-Episodic+-+Squ...

Thanks, Deanna

Message 6 of 33
Square

Best Answer

@rstylist @kennethstevenso - Great news! WooCommerce is officially a partner with Square now! We just launched our integration today. 🎉

You can find more details on our Town Square blog. You can also get your account connected by visiting the Apps section of the Square Dashboard (it's listed under the eCommerce). 

You'll have to try it out and let us know what you think!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 33

Do the Square-offered gift cards work with this new interface?  Does it allow for split transactions if the balance does not cover the total?  Thanks!

Message 8 of 33

Hey,

I find this is a great news. Just one question: it says the plugin is free but when I try to download it, it says $79 ??

Message 9 of 33
Square

@rachelgh - You're correct, and sorry for the confusion. The integration requires the purchase of an extension for $79.99 (no monthly fees after that).

Update 1.31.2018: WooCommerce for Square is now free. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 33

Are you guys ever going to add the option of saved cards for this? Since we can already do it in square, the next logical step would be to add this to online functionality. 

Message 11 of 33
Square

@arenasupplement - While I can't speak specifically to our future roadmap, this would be a great great feature addition. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 33

Thank you for the reply. Also, this might allow woocommerce subscriptions to use your gateway to allow for reccuring subscriptions. Would give anything to have this right now...

Message 13 of 33

I have a client looking to switch payment gateways, and I am ecstatic that Square now has integration with Woocommerce. A question, though: I see that the plugin is only available in the US and Canada. While she is based in the US, she has international customers (most from the UK) who buy items off of her site. Would any international customers still be able to buy items if I switcher her over to square?

Message 14 of 33
Square

Hi @jensen010, welcome! 

You can accept international payments with Square, so long as the business is located and operates within the U.S., so no issues there. I'm less familiar with accepting international payments through WooCommerce, but I don't foresee that being an issue either. Hope that helps!

Message 15 of 33

I am looking at creating a Square/WooCommerce mash-up, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of integration to charge subscriptions to the customers that are being stored via Square. If this is available now that would be great, otherwise I am going to have to roll my own clunker solution or go with a provider like Stripe, which I don't want to do since then we can't effectivly do door-to-door sales as we can with Square. Any news would be much appreciated.

Message 16 of 33

Yes, really need subscriptions integration with square/woocommerce

Message 17 of 33
Square

HI @FiercePineapple and @arenasupplement. Both of these requests sounds like they'd be great additions to our WooCommerce integration. I'll pass along the feedback to our Partnerships Team! Thanks for taking the time to share. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 18 of 33

I am looking at creating a Square WooCommerce mashup, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of integration to charge subscriptions to the customers that are being stored via Square. If this is available now that would be great, otherwise I am going to have to find a clunker solution. Any news would be much appreciated. 

Message 19 of 33

Sean, do you know if it is possible to somehow link your onine store to WooCommerce so it looks great and has the ability to accept orders from different countries (my only reason for going with Woo)?

Message 20 of 33
Square

Hi @canso1. Would you mind sharing more details about what you mean by link? If you use WooCommerce, it should replace the usage of our online store. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 21 of 33