x

Can I apply a discount to a specific category only?

I want to apply a dollar amount discount to specific products only. 

For example, we have a rewards program where you buy 10 and on your next visit receive a free medium cone.  I created the discount and I thought I was having it apply only to certain categories, but it is taking the discount on everything.  I only want to give the free cone when the order a free cone, not a drink.  

How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Bodacious,

Loyalty Discounts

I am assuming that you are discounting a specific item in the loyalty section. If this is the case, when editing the reward for 10 visits, make sure to choose the item or category you want the reward to apply to. See here for more on loyalty program with Square.

Loyalty Picture.png

Discounts

If you are in the discount section, you can create a discount that can be manually applied for a specific $ amount (ie the price of a cone), if you are using some sort of manual loyalty tracking system. The automatic discounts will apply to every purchase that meets the qualifications on an item/category depending on what you choose. See here for more on discounts.

DiscountItem.png

Message 2 of 4

I don't actually use the Loyalty program.  It seems pricey.  I only want to allow the "free cone" to be applied to the purchase of a cone.  Right now it is being applied to everything.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bodacious

Thank you for reaching out! 

Yes, you can add it to a specific item or category. Whenever you create the discount, there is a section "Automatic Discount" you need to turn on. Then, you will click "Edit Purchase Rule", select Item or Category, and pick which one you would like the discount applied. Save your changes and you will be good to go. 

Please let me know if you run into any trouble!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4