x
Beta Member

Can I change or add to the reasons for comping a ticket?

Is there a way to add a new category for comping of tickets?  We pay bands and give them a bar tab and want to be able to comp their ticket using the reason of "band" instead of something like "Friends & Family."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Hey @snowpacktaproom, sorry to see you haven't received a response yet, but yes, you can create custom reasons for comps and voids! 

You'll find the Create Reason button from the Comp and Void settings page. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 2 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

@Spenser I just discovered Comps!  Really nice vs using 100% Discounts.  Thanks for the new feature!

Just one suggestion.  It would be nice to have the "reason" appear on the receipt.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 09.39.35.png

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hey @sciabica1936 - glad that comps are working for you and your business. 👍

Thanks for flagging the way it appears on the receipt - we'll be sure to let the Product Team know that this detail would be useful. 

Message 4 of 9

I'm so frustrated that there is no way for my employee's to write a response on the notes section of a transaction that I can see on my dashboard.  I use Square for Restaurants and it would say so much time if my employee could just type in why they discounted or voided an item that I can actually see when I go to the activity log.  Why can't this be done?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@tjzbar - Not sure if you're aware but you can customize void and comp reasons from dashboard. When clicking the payment details in Dashboard > Transactions, the reason appears. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

I understand I can put "generic" reasons,  however I guess I am more of a hands on owner and want the "real" reason they needed to void/discount a particular item or tab.  If I have a customer who is unhappy with his "pizza" and I have this problem with the same cook or bartender over and over I will see a trend (which is important for finding employee pillage).  With only the generic reasons they could choose it really doesn't give a clear picture.  Not to mention, most bartenders in the weeds won't care less which response they choose and will just start hitting buttons and I'm trying to avoid that but thank you for your offer of a solution.  I've spoken with customer service and they don't have any insight how to resolve my problem or do they plan to fix it in the near future so I guess I'll be shopping new software.

Message 7 of 9

HI, how do I add an option to the "Comp Item" list?

jThanks, Kath

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

Hey @kwilpap!! Check on Spenser's post on this thread I moved you to. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9