x

Can I change the next billing date on a subscription

I run a monthly newspaper.  I just setup a subscription link for auto-renewal payments.  People are now using this, but sometimes their newspaper is not do for renewal for 3 months, but the created the subscription now.  I know I can pause their subscription to get it sychronized, but is there a way to change the auto-renew date.  Ideally I would like them to auto-renew on the first of the month, not on the date they created the subscription.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @mfurgal64, great question!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to currently edit the billing cadence for an active subscription. The only workaround I can suggest without cancelling the subscription is the one you've suggested yourself, pausing the subscription until the preferred date.

Outside of this, the other option is to cancel the current subscription and create a new one with an updated billing cadence.

Sorry, I know it's probably not the answer you were looking for! If you do have further questions about using subscriptions, don't hesitate to let me know.

P.S. I noticed it's your first time posting to the Seller Community - welcome! 🤗

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2