x
Beta Member

Can I change the shipping address of an Online Order?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Change shipping address on order?]

I received an order today on my online store and the buyer put in the wrong shipping address. How can I change the address on an order?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there. @JosephsGrainery 👋You can change the shipping address as long as you didn't create a label for it. From the Online Store Dashboard:

1. Click on the order.
  2. Hit the blue create label button in the top right corner.
  3. On the next screen you will see the receiver address with an edit button next to each.

Note: Updating the address here will not change it on the original order confirmation page. It will just ensure the label/package is sent to the right address.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

What's up @DerekP ! I can hop in for Isabelle on this one - 

If the label hasn't been made yet, you can edit the shipping address to the correct one. If a label has already been created from your site, you'll need to go to Shippo or UPS to create the new label. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 2 of 7

How are you able to change the address though, where in orders can you edit the shipping address?

Message 3 of 7

I had a customer e-mail after they had placed an order on our online store and say that they forgot to add their apartment number to their address.  I figured out how to change the customer's contact information, but that does not appear to have changed the shipping address on the order.  How can I manually change a shipping address?

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there. @JosephsGrainery 👋You can change the shipping address as long as you didn't create a label for it. From the Online Store Dashboard:

1. Click on the order.
  2. Hit the blue create label button in the top right corner.
  3. On the next screen you will see the receiver address with an edit button next to each.

Note: Updating the address here will not change it on the original order confirmation page. It will just ensure the label/package is sent to the right address.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 5 of 7

i how do I change the ship to location on a purchase order? It shows only shipping to myself.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @2020questions,

I moved your post to an existing post where this questions been answered already.

Check out @JustinC 's responses above. 

Ashley C
Message 7 of 7