x
Beta Member

Can I convert Variations to Modifiers without creating a new item?

I have some items I created some time back (before the Weebly changeover) that still have Variations for size. This meant for each new item, I had to put in each size. I now use Modifiers to do that, so that I can easily change the options across multiple items (for instance, I just added a 3X size and would like to add that to all items). But I canʻt figure out a way to update the older listings to Modifiers. I can add the size modifier, but then I just have a duplicate size selection showing and there doesnʻt seem to be a way to delete the Variations without deleting the whole item and starting all over. My website is adifferentvein.com, and Iʻm currently trying to update the Ladies Tanks. Any help appreciated- TIA!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

HI, hopefully this information will help.  Your items are beautiful.

On Square your Size Variations are created and added easily with Option Sets.  Create one Size Option Set (Size), once and it can be added to your size items.  You can then select or remove a size by check marking the appropriate box.  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6689-item-options

Have you given thought to have your items listed by Theme?

Surfing, Landscape, Turtles, Whales, Sharks, etc? 

Most customers will be searching by theme, example, a customer needing a turtle theme t-shirt for a gift.

You can move the description to underneath the title, above the Buy Button.

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, Page: Home down arrow, scroll down and select any item, Item Details, Description, check mark Show the item description above the Buy button, Done.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks, Terri. I will take another look at option sets.

i would love to be able to move the description above the Buy Now button, but I don’t see a checkbox to do that. It looks like I can toggle the Description on or off, but I don’t see any option to relocate it. 

Message 3 of 7

HI, here is the screenshot within the Item Details.

Editor, Page: Home down arrow, scroll to ANY item, select Item Details, Description

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 12.36.41 PM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Ok, I was able to do this in the editor on my browser- thanks! In the editor on the app, clicking on Description just toggled it on or off. It didn’t open up the options shown below it in the screenshot.

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Another question, before I delve into the option sets….if I want to include photos, for example of the color choices, can that be done through option sets? Or is there a better way? These would be used for multiple items, e.g. rather than photos of each design on each color, the color selection would show a swatch of each color available. TIA. 🙂

Message 6 of 7

HI, when you create your Option Set (Color) it should give you the option of selecting an image.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6893-add-selectable-options-to-an-item-in-square-online-stor...

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 7 of 7