x

Can I have multiple square accounts on the same device?

Can I have multiple square accounts on my phone at the same time? And if so how do I know which is which? Is there a way to rename one of them??

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can use multiple accounts on the same device.  You just use the one Square POS app and you log into whatever account you need at the time of the transaction.  There is no "hot switching" between accounts currently.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Is there a way I can used the same device for two different accounts that I have

Message 2 of 30
Alumni

Yes, all Square readers are account agnostic.

You can sign out of one account and sign into another on your mobile device, while using the same reader.

Message 3 of 30

Message 4 of 30
Alumni

Please see the response above! You can certainly use one reader on multiple devices.

Message 5 of 30
Alumni

Yep! The readers are universal, which means they don't store any information about your bank account or your business on them. They can be unplugged and shared between devices as necessary.

Your bank account is actually tied to your Square account. The key to ensuring the funds go to the correct place is to log into the Square Register app using the email address and password you used when creating your account. Once you're logged into the app you can swipe or dip as necessary.

Message 6 of 30

I have two different hairstylists operating in the same building. Can they use the same reader but have it deposited into two separate accounts?

Message 7 of 30

I have 2 square readers

• one for a club - I have a square acct. for and verified bank account.
  • another for a home based business - I have a separate square account for it and a different bank account

So my question is on the iPhone app can you have two separate sign ins for the different readers?

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 30

I have the same issue!  I have two different stores within my Brick & mortar shop...I want to have a tab up on my iPad for each store so I can easily check people out at the register without having to log out and back in!

PLEASE please tell us that we can do this! 🙂

Message 9 of 30
Admin

Hey @missyk and @sugarmama, thanks for raising this question!

Firstly, you can use the same card reader across multiple accounts, as they're not linked to any specific profile nor do they store any account-specific details.

@sugarmama, to your point about having a tab open for each store — that exact setup isn't available. What you can do is use the same iPad and sign out/in using the appropriate login email and password for each store. In addition, if you happen to have multiple devices, you may also be interested in our location management feature.

It looks like another seller was in a similar situation yesterday. Check out Owl's reply for more information.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reply here or contact us directly! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 30
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can use multiple accounts on the same device.  You just use the one Square POS app and you log into whatever account you need at the time of the transaction.  There is no "hot switching" between accounts currently.

Message 11 of 30

I cannot figure out how to do this.  When I open my app it automatically goes to the first company I set up.  How do I get to the point when I can access the new business.

Message 12 of 30
Super Seller

@KC8601, on the phone app, click the menu in the top left, then click settings, then click sign out.

in the iPad app click menu in the bottom left corner, then click settings, then scroll to the bottom of the list and click sign out.

Message 13 of 30

We have an art gallery of 18 artists. Each is responsibile for processing their own sales. The gallery owner is not interesed in a "communal" POS system.

We are looking into how to set up access to multiple accounts on a tablet. We want to have an icon on the home screen for each artists that links to their specific square account. Is this possible?

You mention having a single POS app on the devise that you have to log out of account A and into account B. That's mean everyone would have to leave their individual logins avaliable for group access. That could pose secutiry issues. Is there another way to achieve our goal?

Can multiple logins be set up by artist name? So that whomever is manning the gallery would just chose the name of the artist whose work they're selling from a list and have it auto log into that artists account?

Message 14 of 30
Super Seller

there is not any way to manage multiple accounts like that to have each account logged in automatically by clicking a name.  each account would have to be logged into before each sale.

Message 15 of 30

If the artist funds are going into the same bank account, you can set up each person's name as an item in square. Then have each employee download the square pos app onto their phone. You can then issue each person a device code (this way you don't have to give out your login information) or you can set them up as employees and they can use their own email address and password to accept payments. This also allows you to limit the access each person has to your square account info. You can set it up where they can accept payments only and have access to nothing else. On the square report it will give you a total of all incoming funds as well as a break down of how much came from each artist (item).

If the funds are to go into separate bank accounts belonging to each artist. Then all of the artists should set up their own square accounts linking their bank accounts to their square account. You can then have 1 tablet set up with the square app on it. However it will be the responsibility of the square account holder (artist) to sign in and out of their account (which shouldn't be a problem if they don't want their money going to another artist). Otherwise they can do this from their own phones/tablets. However, the gallery owner will not have access to the sales info unless the artist grants access as it will be the artist's personal square account.

Message 16 of 30

but I don't see the sign in link anymore with the update. So how do I log out of one account and log into the other?

Message 17 of 30
Admin

👋Hi @onsruth. To sign out of the Point of Sale app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left.
  2. Scroll down and tap Settings.
  3. Tap Sign Out in the top right.

After you tap sign out you'll see the log in screen where you can tap Sign In to enter your account information and then select the location you want to take payments with. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 18 of 30

How to setup Square readers for reasturant waiters? 

Message 19 of 30
Alumni

Hi @Montesm765 - I'm adding your post here since it looks similar to the discussion above.

To set up multiple readers, just have your employees download Square's POS on their own phone/iPad and log in to your main Square account. They can then connect the individual readers for payment.

Hope this helps!

Message 20 of 30

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I use one POS and toggle between multiple accounts?

I run a salon, each stylist has a personal Square account, is it possible to use one POS for all the accounts and toggle between them? Trying to look more professional while still letting stylist keep their money. 

Message 21 of 30