x

Can I input past sales into Square?

I'm switching over fully to square as I love a lot of the features. However I want to be able to input previous sales into the dashboard, with the past date of sale (and linked with the customer details). Is this possible? If not I sincerely hope its an option being developed! That would make the leap to square more desirable!

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

there is not a way to enter old sales with an old date, Square is a Time of sale point of sale system and all transactions are based on that date and time at the time the transaction completes.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

Best Answer

there is not a way to enter old sales with an old date, Square is a Time of sale point of sale system and all transactions are based on that date and time at the time the transaction completes.

Message 2 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: input a sale that already took place

Is there any way to add a sale in that was already processed through PayPal or paid with cash? I am switching over and would like to input recent sales just to start keeping better track of my inventory.

Message 3 of 12
Admin

@twirlytwins I've just moved your post. Please see @VanKalkerFarms' Best Answer to this question!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 12

Did you find a way? I'm also looking

Message 5 of 12
Alumni

Hi @Inspiration-Ink,

Currently this feature is not available. We will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 12

I agree this feature would be awesome if added. I love the trend data your system creates but without being able to add the sales prior to joining square, or figuring out how to make the most use of it's functions, it gives invalid & useless results. Also I would love to track the trends in my online sales from my direct sales company website without effecting the cash total. I would love to track my commission and my expenses as well. All in 1 app or Site.

Message 7 of 12

This would be very helpful to be able to put past sales.  I am doing Free samples, but I am using the square system to keep track of those items as they are technically "discounted".  I would like to use this to track my "sales" of these free items.  

Another helpful feature would be the ability to create $0.00 invoices.

I understand this feature is not currently available but wanted to see if there was any other way to do this?

Thank you 🙂

Message 8 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @xenbunny -

Inputing past sales is still a Feature Request with your Point of Sale. 

Right now, any sales you put in cannot be edited after they are entered. 

I would be happy to add your voice to this with our Product Team. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 12

Addin myself to recieve updates.  It would be helpful in scenarios when venue uses their own system. Entering those sales would allow me to track inventory through Square. 

Message 10 of 12

Same here, adding my self to this thread. Sales that are paid cash, and not entered for any reason, are not recorded at all. it would be nice to be able to edit the day and enter them manually (maybe only add/cash option)

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Balocoloc

Appreciate you adding your voice to this thread about being able to add previous payments to your transactions. This would still be a Feature Request, even for just cash transactions. 

I would recommend dropping this in our Ideate Board, so it can get on the radar of our Product Team. On these boards, the status will change when we get more information from them. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 12 of 12