x

Can I link two bank accounts to one Square account?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I link two different bank accounts to Square?

I have a square reader for the PTSA. I would like to take payments for a club and have the funds go into a different account. How can I do that?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 74
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Gayle3-

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🌸

Currently, a Square account can be linked to one bank account at a time. However, you have a couple of options:

• If your business has multiple locations, you can manage all of your locations under a single master account. This allows you to link a different bank account to each individual location.

• Or you can create multiple, unrelated Square accounts, each with its own bank account. You can then log in and out of each account on your mobile device, depending on where you’d like your payments transferred. This option keeps each Square account completely independent of the other, so you’ll need to manage each account separately.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If I hear anything about being able to link more than one bank account to a location, I will definitely follow up in this thread. Thanks for your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 68 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I use different bank accounts with the same Square account?

I have 2 LLC's with different bank accounts. Can I do sales to both companies on the same app?

Message 2 of 74
Square

While you're limited to one bank account per location. You can create additional locations for your business. Once created, you can linking a new bank account, or use the same account for both locations. 

When you sign into the app using your username and password, you'll select which location you're signing into. Depending on what you select will determine which location the sales are recorded with, and where we'll deposit the funds. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 74

how do i use one square for multi bank accounts or do i need to set a square account for each bank?

Message 4 of 74

i am sorry but this does not help.  I am treasurer of 2 separate clubs.  2 bank accounts.  Different people will use the square readers but only for one account.  so i will have dedicated square readers to only that particular account.  I never want to choose which account a reader will use.  I need to make sure they never cross over.  so do i need to set up a seperate square account?  i am not a multiple locations type situation.  can you help me?  It seems i need a new square account and not a new location but i cannot see how to set upa new square account.

Message 5 of 74
Square Community Moderator

@treasurergray Essentially each location would be treated as it's own separate account, but allow you to manage them in one Master Dashboard. However, if the clubs that you manage are completely separate and you don't mind managing them from separate Square Dashboards, you can definitely create Square Accounts for each club. 

In either instance, whether you're using a Master Account with multiple locations, or two separate Square Accounts, you'll need to make sure the device that you're taking payments with is logged into the correct account/location. 

To set up a new Square Account, you simply go through the "Sign Up" flow and use a different email address to create the account. 

Message 6 of 74

If I have my business bank account hooked up to my square account how can I add another checking account to it so I can use both accounts interchangebly if I need too?

When I go on the square account to add another account it states I have to talk to someone from square about setting up another bank account.

I have the square and the square reader.

Any suggestions?

Thank you 

PM

Message 7 of 74
Admin

Hello @perfume2! I moved your post here so you can see Sean's Best Answer above, which describes how to use to different checking accounts with Square by creating additional locations.

If you have questions about setting up locations please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 74

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: i want to have 2 seperate accounts for my square

I want 2 separate account 2 different back accounts on 1 email log in

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 74
Square

You can certainly do this with a Square account! Since bank accounts are tied to "Locations," you could create an additional location for your Square account so you can add another bank account.

Here are more details on how create locations. 

Please keep in mind that you'll have to log in/out to switch between your two locations. The funds will be sent to the account that is logged in when you take the payment.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 10 of 74

Can I have two different businesses with the same bank account? They are both under my corporation account, but have different and separate menus.

Message 11 of 74
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

Square accounts can be linked to one bank account at a time. However, you have a couple of options:

- If your business has multiple locations, you can manage all of your locations under a single master account. This allows you to link a different bank account to each individual location.

- Or you can create multiple, unrelated Square accounts, each with its own bank account. You can then log in and out of each account on your mobile device, depending on where you’d like your payments deposited. This option keeps each Square account completely independent of the other, so you’ll need to manage each account separately.

Hopefully this helps! 

Message 12 of 74

EJ, we are a small non-profit, and using the standard features.  Can I add a location without incurring additional monthly expense, or will this require me to upgrade to a higher fee service level?  Thank you.

Message 13 of 74
Alumni

Hi there @GROWnorthwest 🌳 

It does not cost anything to create additional locations!

However, if you decide to pay to use a subscription product that is charged per-location in the future - such as Square for Restaurants - additional locations would incur additional costs vs having one location.

I hope this clarification is helpful, but let us know if questions come up.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 74

How do i use the diferent bank accounts for the same square  cant i just call square??? if so HOW?

Message 15 of 74

How can I call square for help

Message 16 of 74

Hello @paula, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎈

Currently you can only have one bank account per location. We have a great thread on adding a location in the Seller Community. 

Once you've added a second location along with your second bank account You will be set!

Please remember, if you want a payment to go into a specific account, you will need to sign out and then sign into the location that is tied to that bank account. 

If you would like to give us a call, we have another great thread on how to get your customer code & phone number.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! 😃

Message 17 of 74

I want to have two bank accounts linked the same square account, so that I can choose which account to send funds to

Message 18 of 74
Alumni

Hey there, @IndiaBrooks - thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community!

I moved your post to this thread where another seller was asking a similar question. You are only able to link one bank account per location. Check out @Chad's response above for more information. 

Message 19 of 74

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Adding a bank account”. The original author has been notified via email.

Can I add a second bank account to my square and then choose which account I need a transaction to deposit to?

Message 20 of 74

I have two locations and each location has a different bank account how do I set up multiple locations and add their bank accounts? I need to have it set up so when I ring someone up in location A it goes into location A's bank account and when I ring someone in at location B their funds go into the bank account for B?

Message 21 of 74