x

Can I manage multiple businesses from the same Square account?

I have 2 home businesses can I use the same account or should I set up different accounts?

Message 1 of 80
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Absolutely! You actually have two options here, depending on your situation:
You can use one account with multiple locations, or create two separate Square accounts. 

1. By creating two "Locations" for your Square account, you can manage two businesses while just having to keep track of one username/password. Keep in mind that this option is best for a single business with multiple locations, as sales records, inventory, and other details can be tied together. Review this Support Center article for more details on how to set this up if you're interested.

2. By setting up a different Square account for each business, you can keep them distinctly separate with different usernames and passwords. Their sales records, and other data won't be tied together either. If you have two different EIN numbers, this is the best way to keep them separate (likely easier for you too).  With this option, you'll just need to log out, and then log back into the app with the correct username when switching - head here to learn more.

Hope that helps! 😊

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 80
79 REPLIES 79
Square

Best Answer

Absolutely! You actually have two options here, depending on your situation:
You can use one account with multiple locations, or create two separate Square accounts. 

1. By creating two "Locations" for your Square account, you can manage two businesses while just having to keep track of one username/password. Keep in mind that this option is best for a single business with multiple locations, as sales records, inventory, and other details can be tied together. Review this Support Center article for more details on how to set this up if you're interested.

2. By setting up a different Square account for each business, you can keep them distinctly separate with different usernames and passwords. Their sales records, and other data won't be tied together either. If you have two different EIN numbers, this is the best way to keep them separate (likely easier for you too).  With this option, you'll just need to log out, and then log back into the app with the correct username when switching - head here to learn more.

Hope that helps! 😊

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 80

Hi. I would like to go with the first option. But when I go to 'Business Information' under my account... I do not see the button 'Add new location'. Please suggest why it is not coming. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 80
Square

@Mmidyette - Sure is! You'll just need to sign in and out, depending on which business you want to take payments for. 

@saurabh - Apologies for the confusion. These features are currently only available to sellers in countries where credit card processing is offered. We'll be sure to share your interest with our product team! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 80

Where can I see the list of countries where credit card is accepted?

Message 5 of 80
Square

@saurabh - We offer credit card processing in the US, Canada, Japan, and Australia right now. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 80

Not in India or New Zealand? 

Message 7 of 80
Square

@saurabh - Not at this time. Appreciate your interest! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 80

Hello Sean,

When you say credit card processing is only set up in US/Canada/Japan/Australia, does that mean I can only accept credit cards from those countries, or that I can only process cards if I'm in one of those countries.

I am actually in Australia - could I accept a credit card payment from someone in, for example,  the UK ?

Thanks,

Message 9 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @dean_airclean 👋 I can step in and on assist on this one! 

Your account can accept payment from any international card. The countries that Sean listed above are our current countries we offer for Sellers to process in. This means that a Sellers account must be based out of one of these countries and may only process cards there.

I hope this info is helpful!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 80

Thanks Joe,

That's as I thought but wanted to confirm.

Cheers.

Message 11 of 80

No problem, @dean_airclean! Don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up. 

Joe
Message 12 of 80

I also have two businesses and have set both up for square usage, however when I try to set the second one up (different bank than the other business), it keeps reverting back to the first business. I purchased a mini iPad just for the square accounts and cannot figure out how to get the second one loaded on the iPad. Thanks. Hope that is clearer than mud!

Message 13 of 80
Square

@Spinner You'll just need to log out of your existing account and log back into the Square Register account using the email address for your second Square Account. Square accounts are separated by the emails that were used to create them so as long as you are logging in and out using the appropriate email addresses you shouldn't have a problem. 

Message 14 of 80

Thanks Kelly!!!

Message 15 of 80
Square

@LionChrisSvitak Yep! You'll just need to be aware of which account you are signed into at any given time. Just sign out and sign back into the appropriate account and you'll be totally fine using he same device and reader for multiple accounts. 

Message 16 of 80

Having two separate accounts though would mean a monthly fee per account correct?

Message 17 of 80

Hi @LEDTHEWAY - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face.

Great Question.

Square doesn't charge any monthly fees to process payments. You are able to set up two separate accounts for different businesses. The only fees assessed would be transaction fees.

The only way to be charged monthly fees, is if you have one of our subscriptions like Payroll, Appointments, Restaurants, etc. 

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 18 of 80

Makes sense to me. I have the same issue. I want to use 1 square pos and run 2 different accounts on it. How to set up the second account info with separate bank account is my issue. Have you resolved your issue?

Message 19 of 80

Hello,

The best solution that I have been able to come up with is to make an employee account for myself for when I'm working in the barbershop vs hairsalon.  This way I can track all my appointments and have it shown on my square calendar to reflect which location a client is booked at (salon vs barbershop).  My other issue then became that there's no way to confirm my appointments with the respected address of where these clients will be going to.  So I had to turn off the address part of that feature.   I hoping one day they hear my feeedback and persistent emails asking if there is a way to resolve this as I know I'm not the only hairstylist that works in two different locations and would like my appointments to reflect which location my clients  are booked under with the ability to book online for both locations and such.  

Message 20 of 80
Square

@Kara - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along to our product team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 21 of 80