x

Can I merge existing accounts?

i currently have seven different accounts. same ein, same bank acct. but different locations. i see the add location portion, but do i need to basically leave the other accounts that are currently logged in and restart them under the new location added. or can i just link the current accounts already made and working? 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @DutchBros2c, thanks for surfacing this.

The option to merge existing accounts is not available at this time, even if they share the same EIN and linked bank account.

For now, I'd suggest designating which account you'd like to keep as your master account, then add new locations from your Locations tab. Once you've created the appropriate locations, you may want to deactivate any redundant accounts to keep things tidy.

Note: once you've deactivated your account, you won't have access to your payment history. Before you close an account, I recommend that you download your payment history and keep it on file.

To deactivate an account:

1. Log in to Account & Settings.
  2. Select a reason for deactivation.
  3. Enter the password currently associated with that account.
  4. Click Deactivate.

I hope this helps simplify your account setup for the long run yet I realize that the current process is pretty manual. Our product liaison team is aware of this issue and we're continuing to track requests. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns that I can help with!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

I would like to merge accounts how 

Message 22 of 40

I have 2 square accounts how do I merge them into one they both have the same email but one I didn’t know was still active so I created another and didn’t know I could change my company name. I have a lot of items in inventory so I’d hate to waste time redoing all my inventory. Also I did that redemption code I signed in after that does it automatically send 10 dollars to my bank account? All it did was have me login

Message 23 of 40
Admin

Hey @Lrobles-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 😊.

Take a look at @Tom's best answer regarding this question. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to give us a call.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 24 of 40

Over the years, different areas of our organization established their own Square accounts. Now we would like to bring them under one of the established accounts as separate Locations. How can we do that?  Also, is there a way transfer the item list in one Square account to the new account/location?

Tags (1)
Message 25 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ATBC! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post over to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

@Helen has some more information above in her response on what can be transferred over from account to account but you cannot combine Square accounts at this time. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 40

I accidentally created a new account, forgetting that I already had an old one set up.  The old one has all of my bank information, the new one is what I created when I purchased my square terminals.  Is there a way to merge these two?

Message 27 of 40
Alumni

@vicyfcs - unfortunately there's no way to merge Square accounts. Check out this thread I moved you to to learn what can be transferred across accounts. 

Justin
Message 28 of 40

😞

Message 29 of 40

I'd like to instantly copy all of my Square store content and settings

from my Square account to another Square account.

Is this possible?

Message 30 of 40
Alumni

Hey @tyrosqdome - Duplicating your store settings across accounts isn't available. However, you can transfer your Item Library and Customer Directory to your other account so you won't have to enter that info all over again. Check this thread out for @Helen's answer. 

Justin
Message 31 of 40
Beta Member

I am running a local residential cleaning business. I have been with Square for over two years. Currently, I have two Square accounts: I set up the first account when I just started my business as a sole proprietorship, and this account was set up for collecting payment, scheduling and the subscribed payroll system. One year ago I changed my business to LLC and obtained a new EIN for paying my employees. I wasn’t able to use the old payroll in the first account. Therefore I set up the second account for payroll function only. When will Square allow me to integrate those accounts together because I want to track my employees’ tips and scheduling at the time time. 

Message 32 of 40

Have you been able to merge the two accounts?  I am having the same problem

Message 33 of 40

Thanks for checking in on this thread, @cpdiesel! We don't have an update on this feature request at this time. 

Message 34 of 40

I also created two accounts by accident, now our online portion of the business is taking payments through one account and the tap terminal is taking payments into a separate account.  Do you think functionality will eventually happen, or should I cut my losses and move the tap terminal to the first account?

Message 35 of 40
Alumni

To be honestly, this has been a huge ask from Sellers since I've started at Square 4 yrs ago. I can't say it will never happen but I don't see the ability to merge accounts on the Product Team's roadmap in the near future. 

@cowboytrail

Justin
Message 36 of 40
Beta Member

Wow, you'd think that if it has been a huge ask from Sellers for over 4 years the Product Team might think about putting it on their list of things to do?  Just a thought....would be amazing if we could merge and se all our sales history from more than one location all together. 

Message 37 of 40

Can we merge two accounts?

One I use for newsletter and in person sales.......another I use for website.

would I need to purchase another newsletter plan?

Export/import customer base?

Message 38 of 40

Welcome back to the Community, @NewMexicoSoap -

Great question! Right now, this feature isn't available for accounts. Other sellers have had the same idea for their accounts. 

If you have some time, would you post this over to our Ideate board? It would stream-line the process over to our Product Team for the future of this request. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Message 39 of 40

Is there still no way to merge two accounts that use two separate emails?

Message 40 of 40