x

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Without adding a staff member (and so upgrading at $50/mo) to split services offered, is there a way to specify services only bookable on specific days?

We need service "A" available M-W / F-Sat and service "B" available only on Thursdays.  I am the only staff and providing both service A and B.  

2 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments - How can I show specific services offered at specific times?

Hello @beauty4600! This is a really good question. So we don't have a setting to limit this automatically, but I do have a couple workarounds.

You could create multiple staff members and name them "Women AM week 1" and "Men PM week 1". Then you would create personal events for each staff member to limit when the appointments could be booked. 

The only downside to this is you'll end up paying $50 dollars a month since you would have to setup 4 staff members in your case. 

My other suggestion is to create the services and make sure they're very detailed about who can book and when. Then set your Reservation Guarantee so you have to accept all incoming appointments so you could vet each one. This one requires a bit of manual work and you would have to check it regularly, so you could free up booking time if an appointment was booked incorrectly. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out! 

74 Comments

This would really be a nice feature to have. As a photographer, I don't want to offer "mini-sessions" all the time, and would really like to be able to limit what days and times they're offered. I don't want to use another service, like Calendly (that has this functionality, and I have an account) because they don't integrate with Square but I may have to until this feature becomes available.  IF it becomes available.  

I'd also like to request that this be a feature that is considered for the future.  It would be really helpful for me and my business. I do really appreciate all the growth I've seen in Square in the past year!

Admin

@EmpowerME

Thanks so much! We'll continue to pass this to our team, and hear how great of an improvement it would be to the platform.

Also appreciate the call out. It's easy to see what still needs to be done, but it always feels great when the growth is noticed too. We appreciate it. 😃

I offer 2 different services - a 15 minute free consultation and a 1-hour full consultation (for paid customers). I only allow 2 of the full hour calls per day at specific times. I can be more flexible with the short calls. Is there a way to ensure that only the 1-hour duration appointments be allowed to book in the dedicated time slots?

example: i take 2 calls (1 hr duration) at 11am and Noon. I don't want a customer to be able to book a 15 minute call during those hours...like at 11:15 or 12:45...because it messes up my availability for the longer calls. 

Is it possible to dedicate time slot availability to specific services?

Admin

@cssresumes

Although we don't have a way to ensure that a Customer is not able to book inside that time offered- you do have the option accept requests for appointments.

You can put in the the Appointment specifics the times you take those bookings, and make sure it works out for you.

We're happy to pass the Request to assign Appointments to certain time slots to the Appointments team. I think it's great feedback, and can definitely see how that would be helpful to your business. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I would like to see an option to only allow certain services during certain times of day.

I am a photographer and do my indoor sessions during specific times of the day, and my outdoor sessions at another time.   I would like to have the option to set times that these services can be selected specific to each type of session, and not even offered for the other types. Is this possible?  

Admin

Hi @jkmccann! This is a feature request for Square Appointments  that we're tracking in this thread. Chad shared a couple of workarounds that might help in the meantime! 

I would like to know this as well. As a photographer, I'd like to be able to make consultation and ordering appointments at the studio available on certain days and on-location portrait sessions available on others. If I open a block of time the way it is currently, someone could make a consultation appointment at the studio for one time and then right after I might end up with a session across town. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

How can I make a service available only for specific dates/times, as well as allow multiple individuals to book in the same time slot. This would be for group classes/workshops? Thank you.