x

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Without adding a staff member (and so upgrading at $50/mo) to split services offered, is there a way to specify services only bookable on specific days?

We need service "A" available M-W / F-Sat and service "B" available only on Thursdays.  I am the only staff and providing both service A and B.  

2 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments - How can I show specific services offered at specific times?

Hello @beauty4600! This is a really good question. So we don't have a setting to limit this automatically, but I do have a couple workarounds.

You could create multiple staff members and name them "Women AM week 1" and "Men PM week 1". Then you would create personal events for each staff member to limit when the appointments could be booked. 

The only downside to this is you'll end up paying $50 dollars a month since you would have to setup 4 staff members in your case. 

My other suggestion is to create the services and make sure they're very detailed about who can book and when. Then set your Reservation Guarantee so you have to accept all incoming appointments so you could vet each one. This one requires a bit of manual work and you would have to check it regularly, so you could free up booking time if an appointment was booked incorrectly. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out! 

74 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MadeWellCenter! This is a great question. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers who were curious about this same feature. I think it may be helpful in finding some answers! 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Service on a particular day only

Is there a way to make a service bookable on one particular day? For example, if I accept new customers only on Tuesdays - is there a way to set that service to be bookable ONLY on Tuesdays?

Admin

In Square Appointments you can set a recurring schedule for your availability. Go to Appointments > Calendar, click on "Edit Availability", then "Recurring Schedule":

Thanks @AdamB - but I was asking something different, perhaps I didn't explain it properly.

Let's say on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I want to see clients who have been to me before but on Tuesday I only see NEW clients.

Can I make a service (ie. 1st Time Appointment) available only to be booked on a particular day? So if someone goes to book from my website, they click "1st Time Appointment" and it only shows availability on Tuesday???

Admin

Ahh! Thanks for clarifying. I don't think it's possible to limit specific days of the week to specific services right now. 

Can I set a service to only be able to be booked on certain dates? 

For example in March if i wanted to offer a $5 haircut on Wednesdays can this be set up so it only lets them book on a Wednesday in march? 

Some of my services aren’t offered on certain days. Would love to be able to limit services by times and days of the week! Also would love to be able to customize the text of the confirmation requests, a lot of my clients don’t check their email so they don’t see the customized detailed email I’ve made through the communications setting. Also a feature to change the service type not just the time after they have paid their deposit & booked online for the customer and myself, the seller. I understand the disabling of the cart after checkout to protect the customer and the business but A lot of my clients want to upgrade or downgrade their service, it confuses them when I have to cancel it and send them a whole new appointment. It has to be a way to still protect the clients card and still change their service if necessary on both ends.

Alumni

Thanks for sharing your feedback in detail. It helps our Product Team understand your biz needs and how these features will be used day to day. 

Check out  this thread for a workaround for service based availability. 

In the mean time, I'll be sure to loop them in on your suggestions for consideration. We post here periodically to inform our Sellers on product updates. Check back here for future announcements.

@makeupartist

Currently, I have two staff members taking new orders and pickups on 3 days a week. I would like to offer pickups only on another day of the week, with the same staff members. Is there a way to only have certain services offered on a certain day of the week by the same staff members? thanks

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @luked

Thank you for reaching out! 

You can set specific times in your Online Store Settings, but it's for the entire store - not a specific service. 

If you want a specific service on a specific day - you will have to add it to that employee. 

Please let me know if you were looking for something different.