x

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Square Appointments - allowing certain services on specific days only?

Without adding a staff member (and so upgrading at $50/mo) to split services offered, is there a way to specify services only bookable on specific days?

We need service "A" available M-W / F-Sat and service "B" available only on Thursdays.  I am the only staff and providing both service A and B.  

2 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments - How can I show specific services offered at specific times?

Hello @beauty4600! This is a really good question. So we don't have a setting to limit this automatically, but I do have a couple workarounds.

You could create multiple staff members and name them "Women AM week 1" and "Men PM week 1". Then you would create personal events for each staff member to limit when the appointments could be booked. 

The only downside to this is you'll end up paying $50 dollars a month since you would have to setup 4 staff members in your case. 

My other suggestion is to create the services and make sure they're very detailed about who can book and when. Then set your Reservation Guarantee so you have to accept all incoming appointments so you could vet each one. This one requires a bit of manual work and you would have to check it regularly, so you could free up booking time if an appointment was booked incorrectly. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out! 

74 Comments

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator from it's original: "Calendar"

So I’m wanting to offer one service in the mornings only and another service in the afternoon. I tried creating two staff profiles but the issue I faced with that was appointments not showing up on the same calendar, also it seemed that I could have to double booking issue in the future. So next I tried two location profiles With one staff member, in which the times are now not overlapping however I still don’t see everything on one calendar. Please help!

Admin

Hi @Raymz

We don't have a specific solution for this scenario. But Chad shares some workarounds here on how you can get this accomplished. Hopefully one of the two of his suggestions work for you!

Beta Member

Does anyone know if this problem been resolved yet?? I'd like to offer specific times for different appointments.

Hi  - I want to make only certain hours of the day bookable by clients online.  I understand how to restrict services bookable online, but can I restrict hours bookable for each location and service? thanks

Admin

Hey @lasvegasanimal. Unfortunately there's not a way to accomplish this type of booking. I moved your post here so you can check out Joe's answer in the mean time that includes a workaround. Hopefully it can help you out in the mean time.

Thanks so much - I will try the workaround and see if it works for our needs.  In the meantime - I seemed to remember seeing a list of scheduling applications that you work with that would also be an option?  Is that solution?

Square Community Moderator

@lasvegasanimal you can always browse our partners under Apps in the Square Dashboard. This may help you in the meantime if you find a partner that works for you now. 🙂

Hi @SweetRepeat

There currently isn’t a way to create custom settings for services with Square Appointments at the moment. For example, customizing service availability for certain days of the week isn’t currently supported. I can see how useful this would be to sellers, and how it would help them save money with staff members. Your feedback has been bubbled up to our development team!

For example, I want to offer service options for "Sunday Appointments" and "After

Hours" only. However, I am unable to set specific availabilities (times and dates) for these services. Is there any way we can do this? or does sqaure plan to add this feature within the near future?!??! thank you so much

Hi! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. 🙂