x
Highlighted

Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Set service appointments to only be available on certain days" The author has been notified via email.

Hello, we have a few different industries offered under the business.  Is there a way to set appointments so certain services are only available to book on defined days?

Message 11 of 27
Highlighted

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

I would like to know this as well. As a photographer, I'd like to be able to make consultation and ordering appointments at the studio available on certain days and on-location portrait sessions available on others. If I open a block of time the way it is currently, someone could make a consultation appointment at the studio for one time and then right after I might end up with a session across town. 

Message 12 of 27
Highlighted
Square Community Moderator

Re: Set service appointments to only be available on certain days

Hi @dbaileyphoto - thanks for taking the time to give context to your situation. I think I am understanding you here, but if my answer seems to miss the mark - please let me know! 😅

While service based availability would be considered a feature request, there would be a work-around in this case. You could create an "Employee" and name it after the service you are looking to offer. This "Employee" could be tailored to have availability on specific days, while your normal service could have offered availability on separate times. 

I hope this is helpful! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Product Team. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 27
Highlighted

how do i only allow certain times bookable online

Hi  - I want to make only certain hours of the day bookable by clients online.  I understand how to restrict services bookable online, but can I restrict hours bookable for each location and service? thanks

Message 14 of 27
Highlighted

Re: how do i only allow certain times bookable online

Hey @lasvegasanimal. Unfortunately there's not a way to accomplish this type of booking. I moved your post here so you can check out Joe's answer in the mean time that includes a workaround. Hopefully it can help you out in the mean time.

Nika_S
Message 15 of 27
Highlighted

Thanks so much - I will try the workaround and see if it works for our needs.  In the meantime - I seemed to remember seeing a list of scheduling applications that you work with that would also be an option?  Is that solution?

Message 16 of 27
Highlighted

@lasvegasanimal you can always browse our partners under Apps in the Square Dashboard. This may help you in the meantime if you find a partner that works for you now. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 17 of 27
Highlighted

FEATURE REQUEST: Service Scheduling For Certain Days & Times

Some of my services aren’t offered on certain days. Would love to be able to limit services by times and days of the week! Also would love to be able to customize the text of the confirmation requests, a lot of my clients don’t check their email so they don’t see the customized detailed email I’ve made through the communications setting. Also a feature to change the service type not just the time after they have paid their deposit & booked online for the customer and myself, the seller. I understand the disabling of the cart after checkout to protect the customer and the business but A lot of my clients want to upgrade or downgrade their service, it confuses them when I have to cancel it and send them a whole new appointment. It has to be a way to still protect the clients card and still change their service if necessary on both ends.

Message 18 of 27
Highlighted

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Service Scheduling For Certain Days & Times

Thanks for sharing your feedback in detail. It helps our Product Team understand your biz needs and how these features will be used day to day. 

Check out  this thread for a workaround for service based availability. 

In the mean time, I'll be sure to loop them in on your suggestions for consideration. We post here periodically to inform our Sellers on product updates. Check back here for future announcements.

@makeupartist

Justin
Message 19 of 27
Highlighted

Re: Can I open up special holiday hours for a certain day, without changing it to everyday/ week?

Hi! I am trying to figure out how to customize both our hours as well as our pick up hours for the holidays. I just tried the solution you suggested, but when I go to place a test order and schedule the pick up for a later date the new hours are not being reflected. To give a more concrete example, we're usually not open on Tuesdays, but we will be open on Christmas Eve this year. Our customers are having a hard time placing online orders for Christmas Eve because they cannot select that day for pick up... I'm trying to find a work around for this. 

Thanks so much!

Message 20 of 27