x

Can I open up special Appointments holiday hours for a certain day, without changing every week?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I open up special holiday hours for a certain day, without changing it to everyday/ week?

I'm trying to chang my hours for JUST the holidays.  Can that be done?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@alis42 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 🏆

As for your question, you certainly can! Tom just outlined the process for overriding hours in this Square Appointments Product Update thread. Check it out for more details!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Best Answer

@alis42 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 🏆

As for your question, you certainly can! Tom just outlined the process for overriding hours in this Square Appointments Product Update thread. Check it out for more details!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 15

Is there a way, besides completely opening up my whole schedule and then going in and manually blocking days, to adjust my schedule and open a specific day for online booking?  For example, I currently only work Wednesday and Thursdays and some Saturdays.  For the week of thanksgiving, I wanted to open up Monday and Tuesday.  Is there, or will there, be a feature that will allow me to adjust my schedule on a per day basis?  

Message 3 of 15
Square

@Kara - Check out this thread. We just introduced this functionality. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 15

I am a traveling photographer.  I am trying to be able to have multiple locations in my calendar (i.e. New York October 1st-14th, LA October 16th-20th, etc.).  Is there a way to make certain services (i.e. a portrait session in new york) for only certain days in the month. I don't want my clients to get confused and think that they can book a session in any city at any time. 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
Square

@ksienk - Check out this thread for more details on how to make this work. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 15

@Sean I'm having a hard time using that to fix my needs.  I don't have different employees, it's just me.  I want to have availability at different locations on certain days.  

Message 7 of 15
Square

@ksienk - Awe. Thanks for the clarification, Square Appointments doesn't currently support mulitple locations right now. The only work around would be  to have an "Employee" and corresponding "Service" for each destination. The "Employee" would represent a city that you're traveling to. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 15

@Sean I've tried adding employees as locations, but it needs another email address, and I only have so many of those.  Can I fake an email address? or does it need to be confirmed to add the "employee"?

Message 9 of 15
Square

@ksienk - While you use a fake an email address, it could end up belonging to someone! I've seen it happen before. I'd just suggest setting up another free account (like Gmail). 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

I'm not sure if this is the right thread...

It seems I cannot offer specific services at specific times. My availability seems to be for all services for that location.

We have certain services that are only available at specific times, and others at different times. Is there a way to set this? If not, is this something on the radar?

I am using appointments as a team, not individuals, if I had the team plus subscription, would there be a work around for this? Maybe assigning specific services to a specific team member and changing their availability...

Message 11 of 15
Alumni

@crystalimages - Currently customizing availability for specific services is a feature request that's currently being tracked with Appointments. However, @Joe posted a workaround above that might work for you. 

I've moved you so you can check it out! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 15

I run a garden center at this time of year I'm only available by appointment only but I want to post my seasonal hours - march - November so people know when I am open during the season.  How do I show both?

Message 13 of 15
Alumni

There isn't a way to set-and-forget your seasonal hours, you'll need to manually edit your hours from Dashboard in Acct & Settings when the season approaches. 

Alternatively,  add a message to your business bio so it's client facing on your booking site. 

@KMSnativeplants

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 15

I would like to be able to add special operating hours that would override standard hours for specified days/times, without having to change standard operating hours (google, facebook, and yelp have this feature).

Example: My business will be closed tomorrow due to an ice storm.  I do not want customers to be able to place orders for pickup tomorrow, but other than tomorrow, my hours will remain the same.

Square's current features require me to:

1. Manually disable online orders, and them remember to turn them back on, or...
  2. Set my operating hours to "closed" and them remember to set them back to "open"

It's a minor annoyance, but considering other platforms seem to be able to do this with no trouble, I think it would be a feature that Square could adopt and would be useful to brick and mortar sellers.

Ryan Hazen
Message 15 of 15