x

Can I run payroll for a period that has passed?

Can I run payroll for a period that has passed?  ie. 12/14 thru 12/28.  For some reason I ran it Friday 12/30 as usual but never hit submit.  I know the total amount we were to pay out but it has disappeared and I have no idea how to run it for that period only.  Please advise.  I have tried to use the NEW OFF CYCLE PAYMENT tab.  I was able to select the pay period and the employees to pay but it never gave me the option to continue with that feature.  Please advise.  Thanks so much!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Joaquins2016 - You can correct a past payroll period to send additional pay by using the Off-Cycle Payment feature. Visit the Overview tab in the Payroll section of your Square Dashboard. To send additional pay to your employee:

1. In the Payroll Overview tab, click New Off-Cycle Payment.
  2. Select how you want your employee(s) to be paid: either through manual check or through their existing payout method.
  3. Select one of your 5 most recent pay periods or set a custom pay period. Note: Taxes will be calculated according to custom period.
  4. Select your employee and enter in the the pay details that you wish to submit.
  5. Confirm this information is accurate. Note: At this time, you cannot cancel an off-cycle payment after it’s been sent.
  6. Click Continue and confirm.

Once sent, Off-Cycle Payments will appear in the History section of your Square Dashboard. Employees will receive direct deposit Off-Cycle payments four business days after the Off-Cycle has been sent.

To confirm that your off-cycle payment has been successfully processed, you must confirm it’s reflected in History in the Payroll Section of your Square Dashboard.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

@Joaquins2016 - You can correct a past payroll period to send additional pay by using the Off-Cycle Payment feature. Visit the Overview tab in the Payroll section of your Square Dashboard. To send additional pay to your employee:

1. In the Payroll Overview tab, click New Off-Cycle Payment.
  2. Select how you want your employee(s) to be paid: either through manual check or through their existing payout method.
  3. Select one of your 5 most recent pay periods or set a custom pay period. Note: Taxes will be calculated according to custom period.
  4. Select your employee and enter in the the pay details that you wish to submit.
  5. Confirm this information is accurate. Note: At this time, you cannot cancel an off-cycle payment after it’s been sent.
  6. Click Continue and confirm.

Once sent, Off-Cycle Payments will appear in the History section of your Square Dashboard. Employees will receive direct deposit Off-Cycle payments four business days after the Off-Cycle has been sent.

To confirm that your off-cycle payment has been successfully processed, you must confirm it’s reflected in History in the Payroll Section of your Square Dashboard.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 6

Off cycle was not working for me either on the most recent / past pay period where the direct deposit had not been processed. 

I then used the custom date feature to extend the period by one day beyond the period that had just passed Then i was able to process a missed payment by hitting the continue bottom.

cheers!~

Message 3 of 6

I need to enter in payroll that I already paid last year. I can enter in the "off cycle"
pay period, however I can't seem to adjust the pay date. I paid the team on the correct pay date last year I just did not enter into square. Is there a way to adjust the pay date so that it is reflected correctly on 2020 taxes rather than 2021?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Our Payroll team would be the best folks to refer to for questions about running payroll, @brookebowersock.

It's best if they can look at your account while speaking with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @swags! Glad you were able to get it sorted out and thank you for sharing your tip with the Community!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 6