x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator. 

How do I set up my appointments so that I can have multiple dogs arriving at the same time.  Can owners create appts online that I can approve their request?

Can I include their vaccination records?

Admin

Hey @Robyn71. Thanks for posting in the Community! 

You can set up multiple appointments overlapping from your online Appointments Dashboard. However, your clients wouldn't be able to schedule an appointment during an already booked slot from your booking site. If there's a time that's already been taken, it won't show as available to them, so manually is the only way to book appointments at the same time.

We're tracking this feature request here, so feel free to subscribe to that thread. If any updates are shared, you'll get a notification after subscribing.

Vaccination records can be added to the client's profile from the Customers tab. When you select a customer, you have the option to leave notes under their profile or even upload files!

I found a post several years old saying group classes could not be scheduled using Square Appointments and I seeing if that has been updated or if a work around is known.  We schedule small group classes and want clients to be able to see if there is room in a class to increase attendance without texting and checking in with everyone every time a spot opens etc.  Looking at other schedulers but was hoping square was up to date with this feature.  Thanks

@Devon so apparently you still haven't prioritized this even after nearly 4 years. This is a feature that will turn away customers if you don't have it. I waited a while not using it to see if you would get it. Now moving to another solution Chase you don't think that would be important. Just because you don't get feedback doesn't mean a lot. Some don't want to bother with it and some won't even user your product because you don't have it. It's not just about feedback. 

Dear Square, Community with change world around us from Covid-19, please prioritize setting up group class scheduling for our Square Community. I am a Pilates Instruct in NY and I have transferred my business to Virtual Sessions and also need to add Virtual Group classes to my services. 

I need to schedule/book multiple people at the same date/time for group sessions for my business... Has there been any progress on this feature since the 2016 thread?  If so, how is it done?  I know there have been multiple requests, please update. Thanks!

I need to schedule/book multiple people at the same date/time for group sessions for my business...like a class with limited "seats". Has there been any progress on this feature since the 2016 thread?  If so, how is it done?  I know there have been multiple requests, please update. The lack of function for this feature is going to lose Square customers .... I will have to move my items and services/store to a different provider.  I don't really want to do that so PLEASE add this feature!  I'm tired of having to email appointment changes with every.single.booking... ugh.

We use Square Appointments to schedule parties for our Axe Throwing Business, we want to know how many people are coming in each party, parties range from 4 -25 people, at the moment we have 21 options on our booking page, is there a better way of doing it?

Ideally we would like a drop down menu for clients to add the number in their party, but that's not available, we would appreciate any ideas the community might have.

Cheers!

Admin

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

No, that dosen't help, but thaks for the response