x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Got it - sorry that workaround isn't much help to your current setup, @exdub. As Isabelle mentioned above, even though this feature is currently not available, we will continue to update everyone here on this thread as soon as we have news to share.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Yes this would be helpful. Currently doing the Covid curbside pickup and using appointments to schedule people in. But I can't schedule more than 1 person despite being able to accommodate more than 1. Frustrating.

I offer group classes, and want to allow multiple people to sign up for the same time

Admin

Hi @sharo2- This is a feature request. We're still tracking it, so follow along on this thread for any future updates.

I really want to use Square Appointments for setting up appointments but I need to be able to have multiple people sign up for one time slot and be able to cap it as well.  Until Square Appointments gets this feature, I will be using another app. If they get this feature, I will be switching over immediately because of all the other features it has.

Beta Member

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread]

How can clients book multiple consecutive services? Say they want to book a manicure and a pedicure? Or have a Basic pedicure with an add on Service or any services with an add on ex: manicure with nail art ( nail art would require addl time? 

Beta Member

is it still not possible to schedule group appointments in the appointment app?

Alumni

@Jon_S,

Thank you for the feedback. We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. We know this has been in the works for a while, but every voice matters and it will help push our products in the direction our sellers need. We will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Dear Square Staff, Please let me know if you have made any strides to allow for appointment to offer classes or group services. With the onset of Covid19 add online group services is a mandatory transition for my business but I have no idea how to make it work with the Square system as it is. 

Alumni

Hi @Nailchick,

I went ahead and moved your question to this thread where we are giving updates about this feature.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread.