x

Can I select which team members can clock in/out from their phones?

I help run a coffee shop/roastery and I was wondering if there is a way to select which of our staff members can clock in/out using their Square Team App? We have two locations, one for the cafe and one for the roastery. I would like the cafe staff to only be able to clock in/out when they are physically in the cafe and can do it on our Square POS tablet. But for the roastery staff, it would be more convenient for them to be able to clock in/out on their phones using the Square Team App but I don't want to have to buy a separate POS tablet for the roastery just so they can use it to clock in or out. Is something like that possible? Alternatively, is there an option for staff to only be able to clock in using the Square Team App when they are physically in a certain vicinity of the cafe or maybe connected to our specific wifi network?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@SareneC right now I think it is an all or nothing proposal for the team settings.  There also is no geofencing currently available for the team app to be able to limit clock ins to a certain area.

What I have done is pick up a cheap phone or a cheap android tablet and use a device code and put the point of sale app on that device and use it for clock ins-clock outs.  I have a 75$ Samsung tablet at our back door for people to quickly clock in and out.  So you can very cheaply have 2 devices in two different locations.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

I think you can change remote clock in/out based on employee type - Managers/Delivery Drivers/Regular staff/etc. I thought it was in Team > Permissions but can't seem to find it right now.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you! I'll look into that as an option 

Message 4 of 4