x

Can I send a transfer instantly after taking a payment?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

I discovered instant transfer after a transaction processed. Now, I'd like to make those funds available instantly. I don't think the funds are going to hit until tomorrow, and I really need them today. Can I do this, and if so, how? Thanks.

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Instant transfer is available after you process the transaction.  It isn't something you have to choose while taking a payment.   For information on instant transfer and how to set it up, follow this link.  You have to link a debit card in the app and not all debit cards are supported for instant transfer.

Instant Transfer Support Center Article

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Super Seller

Best Answer

Instant transfer is available after you process the transaction.  It isn't something you have to choose while taking a payment.   For information on instant transfer and how to set it up, follow this link.  You have to link a debit card in the app and not all debit cards are supported for instant transfer.

Instant Transfer Support Center Article

Message 2 of 38

Oh heck yeah. Thanks for the info. I was afraid to go in and try to set it up without knowing, because I know sometimes, once you set an account parameter, it's impossible to change. You're a lifesaver! Thanks for the speedy reply!! My money is already in my account!!!!

Message 3 of 38

How am i supposed to have 50$ in account in order to do instant transfer 

Message 4 of 38
Super Seller

@Kipper1980 you need to have taken in at least $50 in credit card transactions in a day before you can use instant transfer.  once you have more than $50 in pending transactions then you are able to initiate the instant transfer feature.

"Minimum amount is $50 USD and maximum is $10,000 USD in a single transfer.  Limits start at $500 USD per day for new sellers."

Message 5 of 38

I am a new member and I know limit is $500 for instant transfers . my balance is over that . is there a way I can just instant transfer the $500??

Message 6 of 38
Alumni

Hi @Jennbxny82 - it isn't possible to split a payment for Instant Transfer. Payments larger than the limit will be transferred following our Next Business Day Transfer Schedule.

Message 7 of 38

What is the duration period for being a "new" seller? As far as being able to instant transfer for than $500 at a time?

Message 8 of 38
Admin

Hello @ADH! As you continue to grow your business with Square, a higher daily instant transfer amount may become available. As soon this is available to you, you'll automatically see the option to use instant transfer when you have a balance greater than $500.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 38

Helen,

zi'vr brrn set up on Square for a few years now averaging around $10,000/month n sales. (sometimes less some more) When does the instant transfer start going higher than the %$2500? I've got  a 3300$ transfer I could use at this moment....

Message 10 of 38

Hello @CaliSparky, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking about. Could you reply with more details? 

Message 11 of 38

I'm sorry. I assumed my post was in direct path of the 'instant transfer' site. It mentioned the $2500 maximum however the maximum may increase as you have the service for a longer period of time.

I've been using the service for approx. 5 years and still at the $2500 max. Just curious when or how much time before the max is increased.

Message 12 of 38
Alumni

Hi @CaliSparky - Just doubled checked our FAQs on transfers and $10,000 is the max for transfers regardless of the amount of time you've been processing with Square.

New sellers initially have a transfer limit of $500 but can increase up to $10000. Maybe that's what was confusing? 

Message 13 of 38

If the amount is under $50.00 and I am set up for same day instant transfer will this transfer go into the 2 day default mode automatically?

Message 14 of 38
Admin

Hello @darlenetay! The minimum balance for instant transfer is $50 after processing fees.

So if you have less than $50 in your balance you won't be able to use instant transfers but your funds will be sent to your bank account, automatically, within 1-2 business days.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 38

@Kipper1980 The default minimum is set at $25, you can change it in your settings!(:

Message 16 of 38

I need my transfer for work purposes if expifretion

Message 17 of 38
Admin

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble @Enough. If Instant transfer isn't available your funds will be sent to your linked bank account (automatically) according to the next business day transfer schedule.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 38

Hey just hoping you can help I've had Square for about a year and had to change the account number the banking account and edit it and then I try to do my instant transfer and had over 200 and it only let me do 53 do you know why

Message 19 of 38
Admin

@Sunshine79 Hmm that sounds strange. You do need to have a bank account linked to your Square account to use Instant Transfers. Did you try again after you changed your bank account?

If you've linked a bank account and a debit card and you're still not able to use Instant transfers check out these troubleshooting steps

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 38

I have set up a new account, linked my checking account and just linked my debit card. A customer has made a credit card payment and I see the payment but how do I transfer/deposit into my checking account? 

Message 21 of 38