x

Can I share my Square Stand with 2 booth rent stylists?

I have 2 booth rent stylist in my salon that would like to use the same square stand. How would this be possible since it would need to be deposited into two different accounts?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

I'm also curious about this question?  Gift cards purchased with a stylist that isn't working at the time...how would we process?  Could we process?  And or could we have one processing tablet with a separate tab for gift card purchases only for each stylist? 

Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

You would just sign in and out to whoevers account is needed at the time. 

As as for gift cards I don't believe they would work from one account to the next. 

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

@Violahunt, as @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, signing in and out is probably your best bet for having two stylist use the same iPad to accept payments. 

@Tmartin411, gift cards are tied to the account, so you could have a separate Square account for the salon where you manage gift cards. Sounds like that might not be exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it gets you a little closer.

@Vibebeautyloung - I know you were recently getting set up with Square. Would you have any advice on either of these topics? 

Message 4 of 12

We are currently signing in and out.. But on busy days that is a little annoying. I was really hoping there was a more simple way.. 

Message 5 of 12
Square

@Violahunt We hear ya! I'll share this out with our Product team, thanks for taking the time to post. 

Message 6 of 12

Please ! Please make it more simple to have a shared stand. I want to push a button that says my name, check out my client, and have my totals be easily accounted at the end of the night. My booth renter can hit the button that says her name when checking out her clients and I can see her totals and pay her out accurately. Is this already possible ? Or what can we do to achieve this? 

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Thanks for sharing this request @ChopsBarbershop - there hasn't been an update recently. I'm sorry!

We'll definitely post in this thread to let everyone know about any improvements for owners and booth renters. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 12

@Kelly@Kpay Has there been any movement on an easier way to switch accounts than to logout and log back in?

Message 9 of 12

I was hoping something could be done using and access code to swap from account to account.. as we now have 3 stylist using the same iPad, signing into 3 different accounts. It’s annoying... but it gets it done. Really hoping there could be an easier way.. 

Message 10 of 12
Admin

@techee @Violahunt, Helen here stepping in for Kelly and Kpay!

I don't have an update for you at this time. To switch between two different accounts your stylists will need to sign out of the app and sign back in again to each account.

@Violahunt It sounds like you are referring to device codes, which can be used employees to take payments on a device instead of a sharing your account email address and password. Or you could consider using Team Management, which is designed to be used by employees accepting payments on your behalf, and then the funds would be deposited to the owner/employer's linked bank account. I'm not sure if that's useful for your set up! 

I'll share your interest in a more efficient way to switch between accounts with our team. If we have an updates we'll update this post! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 12

Any progress on this feature? We recently purchased a Terminal to replace our traditional card reader, but the current method of signing out/in is cumbersome. We would find a "quick switch" feature invaluable, especially on busy days!

Message 12 of 12