x

Can I split my deposit to two accounts? One for sales tax and the other for general funds?

For simplicity sake, there needs to be a way to split deposit your sales tax into a separate account. This would eliminate a step and automate my tax collection. I know there is the capability to split because that's how your fees are collected. I've also seen threads from a year ago that you'd look into it. Was it looked into? I'm getting ready to research other POS systems to see if this is a common capability, hopefully you'll tell me its possible....

thanks,

Clint

Message 1 of 22
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I split my deposit to two accounts? One for sales tax and the other for general funds?

Thanks for your post Clint. @RHatch is correct, there isn't away to split your deposits into separate bank accounts at this time. I wish had better news for you! I see how this would be really useful and I'll share your interest in this with the Product Team.

21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller Alumni

This is not possible and I don't see it becoming a feature.  I have used multiple processors over the years and non of them offer this type of service.  

Message 2 of 22
Admin

Thanks for your post Clint. @RHatch is correct, there isn't away to split your deposits into separate bank accounts at this time. I wish had better news for you! I see how this would be really useful and I'll share your interest in this with the Product Team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 22

Hello Helen,

Is there any way to get this feature on the product road map? I think it could be a huge differentiator between Square and its competitors. Being able to have the sales tax collected from customers automatically deposit into a separate account would show that Square truly cares about the sellers on its platform. 

Message 4 of 22
Admin

Hi @shawlery! I just checked in with our Product team and we are working on a way to separate tax collected from deposits. I can't share an exact timeline for when this will be available but we are working on it. Thanks so much for your support! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 22

Hi @Helen any updates to this feature? Seems like it could be pretty straightforward in assigning different aspects of the Sales Summary to link to various bank accounts. This concept is essential in effective cash management strategies. @shawlery 

Message 6 of 22
Admin

No updates yet @AaronM, thanks for checking in. We'll definitely announce it if you're able to split your deposit into two bank accounts in future— we'll udpate this thread too! 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 22

I'm really interested in this feature when it becomes available!

Message 8 of 22

I too would love the ability to split a payment between two or more accounts; or at least two different users.  One example being the Tax and Net payments.

Another for two users would be I run a website and take a commission out of what people sell using the API.

Message 9 of 22
Beta Member

soon!?

Message 10 of 22
Beta Member

Hello, I am very interested in having this feature available, too.  Any idea on when it will be available?  Thank you!

Message 11 of 22
Beta Member

Hello, I am very interested in having this feature available, too. Checking in to see if there is timeline for implementing this. Thank you!

Message 12 of 22
Beta Member

I'm also very interested in this feature. Are there any updates on the timeline? 

Message 13 of 22

I am also interested in this feature. I have two businesses under the same roof & it would be nice to be able to split the daily deposit. 

Message 14 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Your request is a little different than the above where Sellers are requesting their Sales Tax be deposited on a separate account. At this time this is still a feature request. 

Now in regards to your request @YNchick. Currently, you would have to create a second location under the same Square account to accomplish this need. I know this may not be ideal but would be the only way to separate both your sales and tag the transfers to be able to identify them in your bank statements.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 22
Beta Member

any updates yet on splitting taxes into a separate account?

Message 16 of 22

Heya @dewdropsperch23 👋

Thanks for checking on this feature request and welcome to our Seller Community. 

We don't have an update on this at the moment, and it doesn't look like this is currently in the works. We'll be sure to share an update if this becomes available. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with questions, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.  

Message 17 of 22

Is the work around this square saving account thing that popped up on my account recently?

Message 18 of 22

Hi there, @windpooh2,

Welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. Are you able to provide more information about what you are trying to do?

While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 22

Hi. I was responding to the request to be able to separate collected taxes and sales I to different accounts. If there isn't a way to do it. I was wondering if the work.around it the square savings where you can move a specified percentage of your.sales to the savings account.   

I'll take some time to.read those documents.

Thanks

Jennifer

Message 20 of 22

Did you find this strategy might work for you Jennifer?

Message 21 of 22