x

Can I upload my Quickbooks inventory into Square?

Just joined Square. Can I upload my Quickbooks inventory to Square? Inputting items manually would be a nightmare!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @Lmltd, welcome to Square and the Seller Community! 

Square offers a great Basic Inventory Management for getting started. This offers a CSV templet so you can update your items in bulk! We also have a great thread on the community regarding it! You can read it here

If you have a large library of items I would recomend taking a look at Square for Retail. Square for Retail comes with Inventory Plus. This will allow you to track the cost of goods sold, projected profit, and inventory by category. 

Please let me know if you have any other Inventory or Item Library related questions.I would be happy to help. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hey @Lmltd, welcome to Square and the Seller Community! 

Square offers a great Basic Inventory Management for getting started. This offers a CSV templet so you can update your items in bulk! We also have a great thread on the community regarding it! You can read it here

If you have a large library of items I would recomend taking a look at Square for Retail. Square for Retail comes with Inventory Plus. This will allow you to track the cost of goods sold, projected profit, and inventory by category. 

Please let me know if you have any other Inventory or Item Library related questions.I would be happy to help. 😀

Message 2 of 8

Does Square allow you to transfer inventory from an existing POS system to Square (e.g by a csv). If so How?

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

there is a way to import and export items and the details associated with those items but it needs to be in a specific format.  Import/ export can be found at this link.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

Message 4 of 8

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I add inventory?

I use Quickbooks plus on line which has inventory tracking. I ener my purchases through quickbooks. How can I enter the inventory into square without using a square purchase order?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@BG4 You can track inventory when you sell items from the Square Point of Sale app but there isn't a way to transfer inventory updates from Quickbooks. I've added your post to this thread where Chad provided more information about inventory management with Square.

Also, just to let you know, at this time Purchase orders are a feature of Square for Retail which is a separate app for iPads that you pay a monthly subscription for.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 8

Our museum store inventory has been run through Quickbooks on our 10 year old POS system.  We just purchased a Square register.  How can I transfer our merchandise inventory from Quickbooks to Square, without hand entering it all in?  Thank you.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TCHA! I've merged your post with an old thread that still holds the correct best answer. Right now, there is no way to merge inventory say, like you would if you got a new phone. You will need to use a CSV file to import your inventory in bulk or enter in each item one by one. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8