x

Can I use Google Adsense or Google Analytics with my Square Online Store / website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is there a way to use Google Adsense with Square?

Is there a way to add Google Adsense ad to square up? I use square up/weebly for my website, and I'm trying to add some ads to it. 

Message 1 of 26
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

After a quick scan of how Google AdSense works, it looks like you'll need to embed a little bit of code into your website, @lakayritza. This article explains how to embed code that will display on your website - I hope this helps provide a bit of clarity here!

Big thanks to @Drroftarcdt for dropping in with some detailed instructions after setting this up themselves:

1. Set up your Google Analytics page and grab your tracking ID
[Tip from @Barnside: "make sure at analytics to create WEB ONLY property "]

2. Head to the Online overview page of your Square Dashboard and click on the Website drop down within the menu on the left-hand side.

3. Click Integrations - you will see a box at the top of this page where you can input your Google Analytics tracking ID. 

This post was updated in December 2020 to include some detailed instructions provided by our wonderful sellers in this thread!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
Alumni

Best Answer

While I'm not entirely sure what is required by Google for their Google Analytics code to properly be embedded into a website, I've moved your post to this thread where I linked out to our instructions for embedding code into your website.

I think you'll find this link particularly helpful, since you mentioned needing to be able to embed code into your website header. Our Integrations feature should allow you to accomplish what you're asking about, @Barnside!

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @misskasual,

It doesn't need to be Premium no! Anyone can use this. 

Ashley C
Message 22 of 26
Beta Member

Hi, I have set up google analytics for my square online store and it is sending traffic info to google.

I would need help to sync the events that happen in the ecommerce side that are not being registered by google.

How do I get analytics to track the items customers add to cart and then follow the sales funnel?

TIA

Message 23 of 26

I just tried to like my store to google analytics but your site is saying that the Measurement ID given to me by google is incorrect and will not let me link it.

Message 24 of 26

I couldn't make sense of the navigation in Square. I couldn't find Integrations. After a long search I found that it was moved to "Settings" and is now called "Tracking Tools " in the left dropdown menu of your Website Dashboard. Hope this helps if you are trying to find the Integrations section in the  Square Dashboard.

Message 25 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing, @OkiSubies 🎉

Message 26 of 26