x

Can I use Point of Sale with Amazon Kindle?

I'm just starting. I use a kindle fire HD. When I click on the "get point of sale app" it takes me to Amazon app store but the only app for Square is a game.  What app should I be installing?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Brlyhvn!

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, we aren't able to support Kindle Fire tablets or phones at this time. So sorry for the confusion!

To see which devices that are compatible with Square check our our compatibility page.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

Message 2 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Brlyhvn!

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, we aren't able to support Kindle Fire tablets or phones at this time. So sorry for the confusion!

To see which devices that are compatible with Square check our our compatibility page.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 12

I just followed this tut and it works just fine. Once you've installed google play, just download the square app. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7XQp_TOOg

Message 4 of 12
Square

Thanks for taking the time to share, @danstepnik. Would you mind following up with exactly which Kindle you have? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 12

2017 Fire HD 8 Tablet

Message 6 of 12

Dan, thank you. Do you know if the Square device will plug into the Fire HD 10 speaker jack? Thank you.

Message 7 of 12

Yes it does

Message 8 of 12

AQKW IWHSGS JAHSH

Message 9 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Kindle Fire

I need help putting Square on my Kendal fire

Message 10 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

I can't find anything recent from Square that addresses whether a Kindle is compatabile or not.  I did find an old thread (from about 2 years ago) where Square states it is not compatabile, but at least one person found that it did work.  I suggest that you view the YouTube video that's linked in the thread and try it out.  You never know - it might work.

Judy T Shumway
Message 11 of 12
Admin

Thanks @GlassJudy! You're correct, the Kindle Fire is currently not a supported device so we can't guarantee it will work (something I think we can all agree is very important when you're taking payments!).

If this device is supported in future the Device Compatibilty website will be updated, and we'll let everyone here know too. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 12