x

Can I use any other cash drawer besides the one sold with the Square POS?

I'm wondering if I can purchase a lower cost cash drawer to go with the square stand....

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Hello! To get started, which cash drawer were you looking at? If you plan to use a receipt printer, you can save quite a bit of money by getting the APG Vasario 1416 Cash Drawer

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10

I'm not looking at any specfic drawers and printers yet, just trying to figure out if I can use cheaper alternatives than listed on the square site.  What are the specs I should be looking for with drawers and printers that will connect with Square Register?

Message 3 of 10
Square

At this time, we only support the options listed on our site, @LeahLaLa. You can find the full list of supported hardware in our Support Center.

Message 4 of 10

You guys need to support other cash drawers. Easy for you to add the drivers to support other cash drawers, as the ones supported cost almost $300. That's stupid Sony proprietary thinking. 

Message 5 of 10
Square

@LandSpeeD - Appreciate the feedback! We definitely know how important it is to offer our sellers affordable options. Have you had a chance to check out the APG Vasario 1416 Cash Drawer? If you plan to use a printer, you can save a bundle by going with this option. It just starts at $103.50. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 10

We, along with many other retailers, do not need a printer. It would be nice, however, if my square stand would open the cash drawer when I complete a cash sale. It's a ProMag USB cash drawer. The Square stand just needs to send a signal to the cash drawer to pop the release. Simple. Just Add more drivers Square. Should be pretty simple. Looking at your sales numbers, you guys can help us merchants out a little bit. Cmon. Really?

Message 7 of 10
Square

@LandSpeeD - I'll be sure to pass along your feedback, as well as the suggested printer. 👍 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 10
Alumni

Great idea!

Message 9 of 10

The USB printers are a bit more expensive, but there are companies that support Square and offer the APG cash drawer for less.

http://www.posshopper.com/va16sein.html

Message 10 of 10