x

Can I use my Wix site with Square?

Hey, I have an account with you guys and I would like to use you all to accept credit card payments on my website provided by . Is this currently an option?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 61
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@dclay11 @Acollinsmassage @savagedesigns - Great news everyone, we just announced our partnership with Wix today! You can now integrate your Square account directly with a new, or existing Wix webpage. For more details on setting up Square as a payment gateway for your store, just visit this page on Wix's Help Center. 

As always, please keep your posts coming. Customer feedback is one of the most important things we get from our sellers. It helps us make better informed decisions, as well as guide us towards which partnerships would bring the most value to y'all. 

Hope you enjoy, and please post any follow up questions/comments. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

I want to use Square as my online store because the data appears to integrates with in-person sales.  This makes the reporting simple.  If I use Wix stores with Square payments, much of the data doesn't transfer to square.

Can I integrate my Square online store into my existing Wix site rather than use the Wix Store?

Message 43 of 61
Square Community Moderator

Hi @patriciat12

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as another seller posted this previously. 

The good news is we have a partnership integration with Wix, which helps with keeping your online and in-person sales reports organized and easily accessible. 

Message 44 of 61

So for those struggling like me the answer of " does it works together" is :

1. Yes, you can link square to take money on a wix site.

2. NO, it doesn't track any inventory or link up any other way.

Message 45 of 61

Will there be any updates to the square and wix integration? Our store would greatly benefit from connecting inventory, customers, and orders between the two systems. 

Message 46 of 61

@HMHomestead , We have looked into several outside options. ALL work arounds kind of suck, or get expensive. Instead of WIX you could switch to another platform like Shopify, which works better with IG/FB, but we looked into it and it doesn't have the same look and use like we want for our website.

Yah, Still frustrating that WIx and Square don't talk to each other. Seems like Business 101.

Waiting for this simple feature is like waiting for the presidential election.....

Message 47 of 61
Super Seller

Yea... I'm kind-of "up the creek" as well until there is a better inventory integration. There is an app called Sync Penguin that will sync Square and Wix inventories. But it's kinda funny with the Wix API... You have to pay per sync (~$30/mo for 10,000 syncs, or something like that). It's supposed to work both ways. I have not successfully tested it yet, but it looks promising.

Message 48 of 61

I would pay $30 a month and not blink....... If it works.

I will have one of my guys look into it, buy it and report back.

Message 49 of 61

Please let us know if syncpenguin is worth it! THANK YOU!

Message 50 of 61

I accidentally came across this and don't know why WIX doesn't' share this as a solution....

On your Wix app, you can go to the store portion, make an order, pick the items from the website then use SQUARE as the checkout. I can go in full detail if this doesn't make sense. but it's a way to not have to recreate the items, it keeps track of your inventory and you just use the Square card reader as the POS. So it just transfers over the total.

I just came across this so I don't know all the pros and cons yet. Seeing if anyone else does this ?

We are looking into syncpinguin as well.

Message 51 of 61

@CRCamo I don't quite understand what you're suggesting but I'm interested in doing what you're saying if it's a workaround for the lack of inventory syncing!

Can you go into some more detail please?

Message 52 of 61

You can always reach out to me [Personal Information Redacted]

or message me on my website www.CatchAndrelease.us

Here is the WIX Solution.

1. You can Download the WIX app.

2. Click on you "DASHBOARD"

3. On the top click on "MANAGE".

4. Scroll down to "Point of Sale".

This brings up all your products in the store. they aren't sorted on pages also a little hard to find. but it pulls directly from the website, the inventory and you can add sizes or whatever. Depending your store size this isn't the easiest but a good temporary work around.

Whne you are done putting in all the items :

5. go to Cart

6. Click Next.

7. Card or cash option (I'm assuming CARD)

8 Open square.

So step 8 transfers the TOTAL dollar amount to Square as a lump sum purchase. But in reality, as a Bizz owner we care about inventory and our bottom line. Square helps us with our bottom line and WIX keeps track of inventory.

I haven't done refunds or returns so I'm not sure all the ins-and-outs

I also have zero affiliation with wix or square. Just a work around we are working on.

Hit me up if you need anything else. I hope all the best to you and everyone else trying to figure this out like me.

Message 53 of 61

@CRCamo Thanks for your quick and detailed reply!

Maybe I'm trying to accomplish something different than you are but I followed your steps and what I was hoping would happen did not.

Here's what I was hoping would happen:

1. I have 5 of Item-A in my Square inventory
  2. Someone buys one Item-A from my website (wix hosted) and pays through POS (Square integration with Wix)
  3. Square processes the payment and the Square inventory for Item-A decreases by one
  4. If the other four of Item-A are bought, whether through my website or through an in-person sale using Square POS, the inventory will be updated on my website

Essentially I don't want someone to have the option of buying an out of stock item (per Square's inventory). And I want purchases made through my website to automatically update the Square inventory.

Thanks,

JBod

Message 54 of 61

So unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It goes one way, not the other. that's the crappy part. We have an Inventory nightmare and run into the same issue or people buying items we run out of. Especially around Christmas time.

Most data bases hold information. Square holds data and WIX holds data. Without a 3rd party application like the one we mentioned above (Or until WIX gets their act together) they don't talk to each other.

What I was saying you will have to ditch the inventory on Square. Put ALL your inventory on WIX website instead, and use that as a central location. So in essence, no inventory on square. Square will be used for manual card processing ONLY in person or thorough the wix app, and not inventory.

I don't like it, I think it's cheesy, I don't understand why Wix doesn't just fix a long requested inventory issue but that's the work around I personally found to work.

Square runs great for card processing and inventory, Wix does the same, but they don't "TALK" to each other. That's the Hiccup. 

SO to recap : -All inventory is on Wix, not Square. I'm just the messenger and upset like you. If there is another option I'm all ears !!

Message 55 of 61

So you don't really use the Square app except when it's launched via the Wix app?

How do you like inventory management on Wix vs Square?

thanks again!

Message 56 of 61

To be honest, and I always am, I don't use it yet how I described to you. "Do as I say, not as I do", *smile*

It's "how" you get around it, but it's not how (we) are doing it yet. I have tried it and it works, jsut takes to long to check out, especially if I have a couple customers. We have a inventory nightmare. OK, It's not a nightmare but it's hard to organize it right now. I got a new store downtown and we are moving to in in January(ish). When we move we will hard, thorough  inventory on everything and then be on all wix inventory.

Which do I like ? Neither. Especially Wix. It sucks. Here is why. I sell a DWR Camo set. Jacket/Pants combo. We have a sizing chart and as you know, no one s the same size. Someone will want a 3XL pant and a XL jacket. If I sell them as a set, how do we sell them separate and keep track of inventory. The only way is to inventory them separate. If we do that, it's 2 items, not a set. if I make 2 items to click on, a set and a single item, how to I track inventory ?

Just doesn't work unless you run UPC codes. SKU or some tracking. Maybe that works but I have my own OEM and haven't set up scan Codes yet. We aren't that big, I run about a half million in inventory now so we are breaking to that point to get a new system. We added fishing apparel and now starting a 3rd apparel line. It's time to step up the game I think.

We do shows and travel and on the road we will need something to sync inventory, that's where the struggle is. 

So to do this we will run a 3rd party data base. We are hoping that the "syncpinguin" someone mentioned above works. We just haven't tested it yet.

Wish I had better news, this has been a thorn for almost 3 years to us. We just work around it for now.

Message 57 of 61
Super Seller

So... I've bailed on using Sync Penguin. I cannot speak to how well it works... I didn't ever follow through.

The solution I've landed on has been there all along. You can sync inventory between Ecwid and Square! (And there is an Ecwid plugin for Wix!) They made it available for free (basically) until the end of this year... Because of Coronavirus. After that, you have to have an "enterprise" "plus", or "whatever" kind of subscription for inventories to sync with Square... I think the minimum available tier is ~$90/mo... Worth every cent if you ask me!

And... It works!!!

Message 58 of 61

$90  a month to use a software ? for bigger companies thats not a lot but for most small to average size spending over 1K a year to manage inventory that wix does for free is a big chunk to swallow. The option I mentioned is quick, easy and is Free. I'll run all my inventory that way for now. Thanks for the info though.

Message 59 of 61

We agree with your conclusion also... This is most certainly something that would be very needed and helpful for our Bookshoppé integration into our Wix website!

Thanks to all for helping to continually bring this back up to Square's attention. We look forward to this issue being resolved!

Message 60 of 61
Beta Member

I just paid a lot for a new wix site and was under the impression square would work properly, quickly realized that is not the case at all. The square terminal which I love, doesn't work with wix POS/manage point of sale area of the app.  I can only connect the reader so I have to use that to cash out. So I use the terminal to print the receipt because it registers the transaction and you can print a receipt. But for cash sales wix doesn't use square, so then you can't print the receipt from the terminal.  The connection when wix opens square doesn't always work, I have issues with it spinning around and I have to completely unhook the reader from the square app and re connect it.  My workaround would ideally be to ring all my sales into the square terminal and forgo cashing out via wix, however the two don't marry inventory so I can't ring items up on the terminal because the website inventory will be horribly wrong and online sales will become a problem. So I'm forced to use wix and their half integration with square and I'm not overly impressed about it! 

Message 61 of 61