x

Can I use my friends bank account for the square?

I don't have a bank account. Please help me

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

The simplest solution would be to go get a bank account. Most don't even cost you anything. 

Message 2 of 4

Hey Redlight, life isn't always that simple for some people. I was a victim of Idenety thief, i could not open an account at a bank for a long time.  If his question was " Does it cost and is it easy to open an account"? Then your response is 100% legit. However, you took a sarcastic approach-Without knowing the  surrounding circumstances...Just my $0.02! And please know I am responding to your response with a smile...Not trying to be an ass, I just chuckled and had to respond.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@Dahlbabee23 thanks for your first post and welcome to the community! 🎉

You can link any transactional bank account to your Square account. We recommend that you have access to the account you link, but if you want to link a friend's bank account, you can do so as long as it's a checking or savings account. 

Thanks @Redlight2015 for chiming in, I agree that it's possible to find bank accounts that are free to open and maintain. Here's a thread from a couple months ago with some good recommendations on banking institutions

Also hi @lifeisnotafair 👋  - I find that it can sometimes be tough to gauge tone and intent in online interactions. Appreciate you chiming in with your perspective! 👍

Message 4 of 4