x

Can I use only Business names, not peoples names?

I am using this Square account for a small community Chamber of Commerce. I would rather my "Customers" be businesses, not personal names. Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @Paul61842

I suppose you can add a business name in place of the name field when creating their customer profile. Also, there's a Company field within the customer profile settings where you add it there. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

@JustinC Even if you enter a company name, the customer's full name is displayed. I would like my customer's name to still be in their file, but display their company on my appointments. Is there a way to toggle the display name and/or also display the company name?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @alexanl - I can step in for Justin here! There's not 'toggle' option, but you are more than welcome to swap the Company and Individual names in your records.

You could also put an individuals name in the Notes section of the Customer Profile if you would like, for record keeping.

I hope this helps clear things up! 

Joe
Message 4 of 6

@Joe Will this change the profile that the customers see when they log in?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@alexanl - Thanks for the response! The customer will see whatever the Seller puts in as their first and last name whenever they log in.

Joe
Message 6 of 6