x

Can I view my inventory at point of sale?

I've created items and modifiers with the different sizes. I updated inventory for each size. I can see it on the dashboard but I want to know if there's a way for my cashiers to see the inventory at POS with out having to go look through stock.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@GetWrapped, good news! You can now manage your inventory from the Square Point of Sale app! 🙌 

You can learn more about it in our Product Update

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello!

At the moment, you're only able to manage inventory from the Square Dashboard. Controlling inventory from the Register app is a great idea, and you're not the only seller to request for this to be built. 

Our Product Team is actively tracking this feature request, so I'll be sure to pass your request along as well. If anything changes, we'll be sure to update everyone. 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

We don't need to manage the inventory from the point of sale. We just need to be able to SEE it from the point of sale. If so, we can let the customer know right away what we have available or not. When will this feature become available? Thanks,

Message 3 of 8

This feature is available in the "Items" section of the POS, not the actual checkout display.  If there are multiple variations of the item, you'll have to open the item variations to see what the respective stock counts are.

Message 4 of 8

Since items are able to be oversold (sold even when the inventory is zero) the ability to see the remaining quantity when checking out in the POS is needed. Otherwise, the inventory tracking is useless. It's far too easy to oversell an item if orders are coming in from online or another register elsewhere in the store.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Best Answer

@GetWrapped, good news! You can now manage your inventory from the Square Point of Sale app! 🙌 

You can learn more about it in our Product Update

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Any update on this imperative function?  Our cashiers need to see inventory so they don't sell out in real time.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @smokestackroast -

Welcome back to the Community! 

There is a possibility of checking your Inventory within the Point of Sale app. Check out this Support Article with the steps to locate it. 

If you're looking for something different, I would recommend heading to our Ideate Board to post is as a Feature Request. Then, we can get it to our Product Team. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8