x

Can Square Gift Cards be used on my Shopify site?

So if I have a Shopify store, but the customer purchases the Gift card through Square (I use square for my live events), will it work if they try to use it in my Shopify store?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@drkms - Apologies for the delay in following up. While you can use our gift cards to check out using a Square Online Store, it doesn't extend to third party online store companies. They are tied directly to Square's system. Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Best Answer

@drkms - Apologies for the delay in following up. While you can use our gift cards to check out using a Square Online Store, it doesn't extend to third party online store companies. They are tied directly to Square's system. Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 9

Hello! Are there any updates to this? Are there new applications or processes now that will integrate Square gift cards with Shopify?

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

No new updates I'm afraid. Right now, there aren't any apps that would make Square GC's compatible with Shopify. 

@2663

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9

Is there any other gift card type that is compatible with both Square and Shopify??

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

No - In short, Shopify & Square are in direct competition with each other.

Message 6 of 9

I have a somewhat related question: If I have a Wix site but use Square for payment processing, can customers use Square gift cards during checkout?  If so, should it work with both e-giftcards and physical cards I sell in the store?  

(FYI, I'm still creating the site so I can't just test this--I'm hoping to find an answer before the site goes live.) 

Thanks for any info. 

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GezelligHome,

Thanks for writing back in! 

Both physical and digital gift cards can only be redeemed via a Square Online store. Your customers wouldn't be able to redeem them on your Wix site, but if you're using Square's point of sale in-store, they can redeem them with you there. 

Message 8 of 9

Our Gift Card Platform www.loopz.io integrates with both Square and Shopify and can sync gift cards across platforms so gift cards can be redeemed on Shopify and Square while keeping the gift card balances in sync.

Message 9 of 9