x

Can a closed drawer session be edited?

We closed an active drawer with a mistake in the "actual amount in drawer" item.  Actually, the Square app froze and closed it out with the incorrect amount entered, but anyhow, can a closed drawer be edited to show the correct amount in "actual amount in drawer" item?

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @906_Vapor, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm just popping in to confirm that @jjgard is correct. Once a cash drawer report is closed you will not be able to edit it. This is currently a feature request. I will make sure to share this post with our product team!  

Please let me know if either of you have improvements you would like to suggest! We love hearing from our Sellers. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Super Seller Alumni

I had thought you COULD from the web dashboard, but I just tried to edit one from yesterday and wasn't able to.  And...I can't for one that was just closed about 10 minutes ago...so apparently...no.

Message 2 of 89

Best Answer

Hello @906_Vapor, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm just popping in to confirm that @jjgard is correct. Once a cash drawer report is closed you will not be able to edit it. This is currently a feature request. I will make sure to share this post with our product team!  

Please let me know if either of you have improvements you would like to suggest! We love hearing from our Sellers. 

Message 3 of 89
Beta Member

Please make this an option. Not having the ability to correct this makes the accounting for mistakes like this a nightmare.

Message 4 of 89

I second (or third or fourth) the request to be able to edit closed drawers.  We only use our Square equipment twice a year and the opening and closing of drawers does not always happen on the fly.  I would like to be able to create the past days not done and edit the ones that have been done but closed.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 89

How is it possible that you can't do this?? It seems so simple.

Message 6 of 89

this would be helpful .I hope this feature could be added . 

Message 7 of 89

Can we still not edit the cash drawer report? It seems crazy that there is no feature for this, especially as an owner. 

Message 8 of 89
Square Community Moderator

Hi @White-Wolf. No updates here on this front. We hear you. Our Product Team is on it. We will be sure to vocalize any major updates here on this thread.

We appreciate you sticking with us in the meantime. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 89

DEFINITELY need this feature!!

Message 10 of 89
Beta Member

I see this has been an issue (limitation) for over 2. years now. So where does this actually stand in the roadmap for development? The standard response is it is in the works but 2 years is way too long for a critical function like this to be in the queue. As others have stated, this is an accounting mess without some form of admin function to make cash drawer adjustments to closed/ended drawers. Been dealing with POS systems for 25 years and never seen this missing from any of them. It needs to be a restricted function for obvious reasons, but that is easy enough to accomplish with the framework you have developed for security/access to certain functions. Please provide a realistic development timeline for this so we all know when to expect this feature to be added.

Message 11 of 89

Are we still waiting for this feature to be added?  It's been 5 years since the original post in this thread.  It's perplexing that you can't edit a mistakenly entered amount.

Message 12 of 89

This has been a request since 2017!!  

How is it that this can not be done yet???  I really hope that I am overlooking the solution to this issue and am incorrect about this not being resolved in 5 YEARS!!

The inability to edit an accounting error is unbelievable, not to mention after your customers asking for 5 years this be addressed is inexcusable! 

Message 13 of 89

Seems to still not a resolution to this? Is this a feature that is going to be available? 

Message 14 of 89

This was brought up 4 years ago. When will this get to your drawing board? It's obviously needed. There isn't one person who hasn't made this mistake. Corrections should be allowed with the right level of security settings.  Please, expedite this! 

Message 15 of 89

@KatieKarma thanks or asking! We will continue to track feedback, but do not have a timeline for when this will be released. A large part of the delay is the fact that editing reports after they've been submitted can be a risk. For security, this is not enabled in case someone wants to adjust the cash drawer sessions outside of the owners permissions.

AshleyK
Message 16 of 89
Beta Member

"Right level of security".... You can make it so that only the owner can edit... Whatever you want to do with security, you have permissions built so build a permission for this. The owner should be able to edit this.

Message 17 of 89

If we can't edit it, can we at least have a section where we can make comments? At this point, we have to set aside a space in other software to comment, which cumbersome and carries more risk for us. Thanks!

Message 18 of 89

Hey there, @leejoramo

Welcome back to the Community! 

Thank you for adding your voice to this feedback.

Like AshleyK mentioned, we will continue to monitor the traffic on this Feature Request and keep our Product Team in the loop. 

Kassi
Message 19 of 89

And here in 2022, I'm looking for this answer as well, is this still not something that can be done in the software? Owners should absolutely have the ability to make adjustments when someone fat fingers an entry and doesn't catch it before ending the drawer.

Message 20 of 89

Same...even if it's just like a 24-hour window after closing or something.  I just mis-keyed "63" vs "36" in an amount and now my drawer shows it was off 😞

Message 21 of 89