x
906_Vapor

Can a closed drawer session be edited?

We closed an active drawer with a mistake in the "actual amount in drawer" item.  Actually, the Square app froze and closed it out with the incorrect amount entered, but anyhow, can a closed drawer be edited to show the correct amount in "actual amount in drawer" item?

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Can a closed drawer session be edited?

Best Answer

Hello @906_Vapor, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm just popping in to confirm that @jjgard is correct. Once a cash drawer report is closed you will not be able to edit it. This is currently a feature request. I will make sure to share this post with our product team!  

Please let me know if either of you have improvements you would like to suggest! We love hearing from our Sellers. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jjgard

I had thought you COULD from the web dashboard, but I just tried to edit one from yesterday and wasn't able to.  And...I can't for one that was just closed about 10 minutes ago...so apparently...no.

Message 2 of 19
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @906_Vapor, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm just popping in to confirm that @jjgard is correct. Once a cash drawer report is closed you will not be able to edit it. This is currently a feature request. I will make sure to share this post with our product team!  

Please let me know if either of you have improvements you would like to suggest! We love hearing from our Sellers. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
SBCR

Please make this an option. Not having the ability to correct this makes the accounting for mistakes like this a nightmare.

Message 4 of 19
SEEDCalifornia

I second (or third or fourth) the request to be able to edit closed drawers.  We only use our Square equipment twice a year and the opening and closing of drawers does not always happen on the fly.  I would like to be able to create the past days not done and edit the ones that have been done but closed.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 19
AnvilSigns

How is it possible that you can't do this?? It seems so simple.

Message 6 of 19
SMKFLA

this would be helpful .I hope this feature could be added . 

Message 7 of 19
White-Wolf

Can we still not edit the cash drawer report? It seems crazy that there is no feature for this, especially as an owner. 

Message 8 of 19
Admin

Hi @White-Wolf. No updates here on this front. We hear you. Our Product Team is on it. We will be sure to vocalize any major updates here on this thread.

We appreciate you sticking with us in the meantime. 

Message 9 of 19
Randi

Re: Tips Paid Out From Register

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Tips Paid Out From Register" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way to enter these (payouts) in after the drawer has been closed out?

Message 10 of 19