x

Can a customer display work with square?

Can a customer display work with square? If so which ones will work best on an Android tablet?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can use an iPad mini and the Customer Display beta app to show a very limited amount of info.  It is not near as robust as the customer-facing display on the new Square Register.  Customers can't sign on the screen, just see the transaction cart.

this page has all the info you should need and how to install it.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-customer-display

Note: At this time the Customer Display beta app is only available in the US and on iOS devices.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Super Seller

There is currently a beta version of a customer display but I believe it is currently iOS only.

Note: This beta app is currently only available in the US

Message 2 of 71
Super Seller

Message 3 of 71

Emrah yildiz 

Message 4 of 71
Square

Just to confirm what @VanKalkerFarms mentioned; we do offer this but it is currently only supported on iOS devices. 

You can check out our Support Center for the steps to set it up. 

Message 5 of 71
Beta Member

Any idea if the customer display app will be able to collect signatures and ask the customer if they want a receipt?

Message 6 of 71
Super Seller

Message 7 of 71
Square

@JackSulaiman @VanKalkerFarms - It would be a great feature. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 71

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread: External screen to show customers the price?]

Does squera have any accessory for attach an external screen for show the price to the customer without turn the stand? Something like the new square register?

Thanks 

Message 9 of 71
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can use an iPad mini and the Customer Display beta app to show a very limited amount of info.  It is not near as robust as the customer-facing display on the new Square Register.  Customers can't sign on the screen, just see the transaction cart.

this page has all the info you should need and how to install it.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-customer-display

Note: At this time the Customer Display beta app is only available in the US and on iOS devices.

Message 10 of 71

Do not have something can be connected via usb , without use an ipad mini?

Message 11 of 71
Super Seller

no, the app is in beta and runs on an iPad or iPad mini and is the only option there is if you want a customer facing display (without buying the new Square Register).

Message 12 of 71
Beta Member

Does anyone know if the New Square Register allows the customer to enter their info (Name, Email & Phone) on the customer facing display? I know we can enter it on the employees side but we are looking for a simple solution for the customer to enter it themselves. 

Message 13 of 71
Alumni

Hi @BestLife - Yup! The customer can enter all of their information within the Customer Display. You'll still have the option to enter it on your end if you need though. 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 14 of 71
Beta Member

Doesnt the hardware offer any ports for usb? Or adapters for connecting via Bluetooth, or port of some sort that would allow for a signature extension device be plugged in and work with squares software? That or if all else have them sign a reciept and make copy or snapshot it off business use only certified device with up to date security as well as not connected to any sort of network to secure any form of privacy for customer and business SAFETY protocols?

Never stop learning! Knowledge,wisdom, experience comes to those who are destined for greatness. Be bold and never give up! ~Freakinkat
Message 15 of 71
Alumni

Hi @FREAKINKAT,

Currently, the customer displays connected via the app do not offer any form of connecting a third party system, device, or app that can allow for signature extension. Our Square Register does have the capability, but it is part of the hardware already included in the device. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 71

is there any customer facing display in square AUS? 

Message 17 of 71
Admin

Hey @shin_aus,

Not at the moment, however we'll hopefully be able to launch Square Register in Australia in the future, which is a product that can provide this functionality!

We're also exploring the possibility of using Square Terminal in conjunction with the POS app on tablets, which could achieve something similar in theory. Join us over at the Australian Seller Community for more news on features as they launch in Australia! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 71

Does this work for Square for Restaurants? I am unable to do so currently with my setup of a Square for Restaurants and KDS.

Message 19 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi @6thNinja,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry I am not quite understanding the question here. Do you want to know if our customer display can be used an external display? Or just advise on adding any additional external screen? 

Whenever you have a moment, please reply back with a little more information describing your technical issue or question. I’ll be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Message 20 of 71

Is there still a way to connect a customer display when using the Square Stand? I know the Square Register has one, but I was wondering if you can connect one to the Square Stand?

Message 21 of 71